Denied every job I apply for

I'm playing in the 2013/2014 season with the Dutch, Spanish and Argentinian leagues loaded. Right now, I'm manager of Véles Sarsfield in Argentina. I won everything in my first season. Became the league champions, winner of the Copa Libertadores, winner of the Copa Sudamericana and winner of the South America Recopa. I started this game at Heracles in the Dutch premier division, at which I became the league winners in my third season, and also won the national cup. I am ranked the number 5 coach of my country, and my reputation is "Continental". But I can't seem to get a job at another club. I applied for a job at Ajax, but they appointed Ruud Kaiser (manager of Dynamo Dresden in the third German division) instead. Then I applied for the Dutch national team, but they went with a newly generated manager who hasn't managed a single club. I applied for a couple of clubs in Spain as well (Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Racing, Deportivo), but they all picked a manager with a low reputation instead of me. Why does this happen? I'm at a €30.000 a month contract at Vélez, so it can't be my wages. My reputation is great, and my attributes are high. Also, in my first two seasons, I was linked to a lot of clubs if a manager was fired, and I was even approached by Valencia, Murcia, Heerenveen and Deportivo, but I turned them down. This also doesn't happen anymore. I'm not even getting linked to other clubs, let alone approached.

Does anybody know why this is happening? And more important, how can I solve this?

Your rep won't be that high managing in Argentina but if you can't get the job you want, just take a job thats offered to you and if you impress there then someone better will come in for you. I know because i've done the same.

I would if I could :) But I'm not getting any offers at all. It's not really about getting the job I want, it's about getting a job at any other club. When I was managing Heracles in Holland, who have a lower rep than Vélez who I'm managing now, I was linked to big clubs a lot, but right now I'm not even linked to small clubs.

I would if I could :) But I'm not getting any offers at all. It's not really about getting the job I want, it's about getting a job at any other club. When I was managing Heracles in Holland, who have a lower rep than Vélez who I'm managing now, I was linked to big clubs a lot, but right now I'm not even linked to small clubs.

You are probably in no mans land, by which I mean your reputation doesn't attract the big clubs but also the small clubs think you are over qualified and there is no point in contacting you. When I get in that position and if I am bored where I am I resign, more clubs are likely to come for someone unemployed. Remember if you have a long contract at the club you are at now there will be compensation needed, some clubs who may want you won't be able to afford it so look elsewhere.

You are probably in no mans land, by which I mean your reputation doesn't attract the big clubs but also the small clubs think you are over qualified and there is no point in contacting you. When I get in that position and if I am bored where I am I resign, more clubs are likely to come for someone unemployed. Remember if you have a long contract at the club you are at now there will be compensation needed, some clubs who may want you won't be able to afford it so look elsewhere.

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm going to resign after this season and see where it goes. I only have one year left on my contract.

I believe a continental reputation only applies on the continent it's earned. Which then would mean a continental reputation in South America will make you attractive for essentially all clubs there, while that reputation hardly will be worth very much in Europe, Africa or Asia.

I believe a continental reputation only applies on the continent it's earned. Which then would mean a continental reputation in South America will make you attractive for essentially all clubs there, while that reputation hardly will be worth very much in Europe, Africa or Asia.

That would explain something :) Thanks.

Yeah, now I dont know it as a fact, but it's how it appears to me... Winning the Asian Champions League with a japanese team gave me a continental Asian reputation, after which I was linked not with any top-clubs, but Swiss, Czech, Polish and Bulgarian sub-top-teams.

So I'd say that a Continental reputation carries only full value on the continent it's earned, and a lower but not insignificant value on other continents.

However, I would say that your problem is the lack of leagues; a league have an assigned reputation which pretty much determines what jobs you can get; having only three countries loaded, it'll be gaps in the reputation, and thus making it difficult for you to get higher jobs. Especially if we count in the differences in value of Continental Reputation between the continent you earned it on and another continent.

Yeah, now I dont know it as a fact, but it's how it appears to me... Winning the Asian Champions League with a japanese team gave me a continental Asian reputation, after which I was linked not with any top-clubs, but Swiss, Czech, Polish and Bulgarian sub-top-teams.

So I'd say that a Continental reputation carries only full value on the continent it's earned, and a lower but not insignificant value on other continents.

However, I would say that your problem is the lack of leagues; a league have an assigned reputation which pretty much determines what jobs you can get; having only three countries loaded, it'll be gaps in the reputation, and thus making it difficult for you to get higher jobs. Especially if we count in the differences in value of Continental Reputation between the continent you earned it on and another continent.

Ok, I understand :)

But then again, it's strange. When I was managing Heracles, I was being linked to top teams. Now I'm managing Vélez, I'm winning prices with them, but because it's an Argentinan club, my reputation has gone down?

I applied for the manager position at Murcia, a club in the lower regions of the Liga Adelante (the Spanish first division), just to see what would happen. Offcourse, they turned me down and went with a unknown manager instead. So this means that I'm not even on the radar of the lowest ranked clubs in my selected divisions, which is nonsene.

Well, the South American market, in terms of coaches, is a bit "distant" to the European. After all, it's few South American coaches that come to Europe to manage, except maybe into Eastern Europe or coaches that played in Europe during their playing career. And naturally, it's fairly common in most European countries to go for national managers... It's mainly only the very best that go to other countries to manage too, eventhough that's changing, albeit slowly. After all, how attractive does a victory in the Asian Champions League make a manager for European clubs? Or African Champions League? Or for that part, even the Copa Libertadores? It's not many that make that jump IRL even.

Archived