Anyone have any idea how to fully utilise this boy?

As you can see, he does not score many goals. My team is doing very well actually, and he is providing lots of assists and involved in most attacking built up. But he doesnt score that much despite his stats. And he is doing well for England. This is his 3rd season and the first two seasons he didnt score that many either. I've tried playing him in many roles; more withdrawn, pushed it up front. Maybe he is lacking the right partner?

I would suggest complete forward, but his jumping stat is alarmingly low - perhaps extra strenght training for that. Failing that he looks as though he would make a perfect 'poacher' as finishing, composure and anticipation are all high.

Moves into Channel,

Tries First Time Shots,

Curls Balls,

Places Shots,

Likes to Round Keeper.

There is one for "Looks to break offside trap" add that to the list and pair him up with a "Target Man", "Complete Forward" or "Deep Lying Forward" on support orders.

The first screen shot before said

10 games 5 goals 2 assists

FYI

I accidentally put the wrong picture. Sorry. The current picture is him fully developed. I have another player with similar but less accomplished traits but seems to scoring much more. Just wondering whether I employ the wrong tactic, his form is just bad, or maybe he lacks the experience. Or maybe retrain him in another position say, AM, since I read here that if you get the Accomplished level for a position, you might get natural position if you play him often enough.

Pass the ball into space. His anticipation is awesome as is his composure. You might also want to set his role to Target Man and play the ball to his feet.

I shall try the ideas suggested. I was wondering whether it has anything to do with Likes To Round Keeper. I have yet to see this skill being use. Plus, after 5 ppm it is difficult to encourage them to learn new skills.

I shall try the ideas suggested. I was wondering whether it has anything to do with Likes To Round Keeper. I have yet to see this skill being use. Plus, after 5 ppm it is difficult to encourage them to learn new skills.

With his composure - Like to Round Keeper - should be a benefit, not a hindrance. Also, you can always ask him to stop doing one of his PPM's. Just a thought.

Pass the ball into space. His anticipation is awesome as is his composure. You might also want to set his role to Target Man and play the ball to his feet.

Or set his role as Poacher, set him as Target Man in Team Instructions and set target man supply to Run Onto Ball

title does indeed sound very dodgy!

but not as dodgy as his stats - heading is 16 but hes 5'9" and jumping of 7? data editor player by any chance?

What? Plenty of players have good heading but poor jumping.

And if he's getting assists...I don't see a problem with it. :thup:

no the stats are linked - heading, height and jumping. i was checking this years ago as Oba Martins used to get only like a 10 for jumping but there are times when he could out jump a stretching van der Sar, before doing a series of back flips etc, the SI guys say the score is determined on how often a player really does it, ie martins can jump high and head well, but actually how often does he do it? - answer not many hence low score.

so heading score isnt just ability to head, but how often it is done, and this naturally goes down for short people who cant jump

look at wayne rooney IRL - only 2 headed goals in hundreds yet 8 from last 10 or something - can do it, but doesnt often heading 10 jumping 10...

so me thinks hes fake

title does indeed sound very dodgy!

but not as dodgy as his stats - heading is 16 but hes 5'9" and jumping of 7? data editor player by any chance?

Nope I got him from Brighton and Hove for 1.5mill Euro. I didnt know you can edit data, though it is something I would not do. No fun in it. And even if I do, why put Jumping at 7? Having said that, does anyone knows whether height plays any factor in the game?

Complete forward is not something I've thought using. Is he tall & strong enough for the role?

He looks normal... Because he's one-footed. Looks better than he actually is. I'd say that the fact he's one-footed (left only) restricts his goalscoring quite a bit. You want a real striker, you gotta find a two-footed kid.

JamesB & Jirki88, thanks for the support on the claim. Correct me if I am wrong but you cannot edit save game, unless you are some programmer, and I work in financial sector. The FM Editor would allow you to change data BEFORE you start the game. The kid is 20 years old, and it is 2020 as the game says. So I got him during 2017/2018.

Still, I have to say this is one of the best talent I came across. I would say top 3 since I played the game way back in 1993. Probably I am expecting too much because his stats is just amazing. My Assistant Manager said that he is unlikely to improve further but there were few more additions to his stats. After I posted this his physical stats improved slightly. I'm not sure why but I am sure not complaining on this part! I've not seen anything like it tbh.

It is rare to find such talent and I am posting this because I feel that I failed to find the best role for him. However after some good suggestions here, Complete Forward seems to do the trick, although he seems to excel more on withdrawn role. Thanks for the advise.

Perhaps people feel that it is too good to be true because he is English? :p

You can edit savegames with FMRTE or similar savegameeditor, but accusations of such is fairly pointless. Especially since a player with half those stats and two-footed'ness would been a better goalscorer. Personally I'd probably go for giving him a trequartista role with high creative freedom... Could probably achieve some then.

But as mentioned... Albeit having very good stats, his onefootedness limits him quite much, especially in terms of goalscoring.

Archived