Future Competition

I have just bought fm (was waiting for 10.3!) and am about to start a game with arsenal. The only downside I have sometimes found with FM is that within a couple of years the top of the premiership has very unrealistic teams (man u and Chelsea languishing mid table etc) or becomes easy to win which takes a bit of the fun out of it. I was wondering if anyone had played into the premiership (even about 4 or 5 years as I probably wont go much further) and was wondering if it still a good challenge and still fairly realistic at the top?

I know I could pick someone harder than arsenal for a challenge, but they are the team I support and I find it hard to get into playing with anyone else unfortunately...

I'm in 2017 and the only team outside the 'top 4' to win the Premiership is Man City, in 2015 I think. There have been a couple of what would be considered surprise teams in the top 4 over the years but who knows what teams will be up there in future.

I'm into 2022 and there doesn't seem anything particularly unusual about the Premier League. Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa have been the teams to have the top four positions most seasons.

Archived