Who will actually sign a part time deal?

I have all my players on part time deals. I play with semipro team in Finland div 1.

I also play with a semi pro team, but offer everyone a FT contract, as PT cant train as much as FT.

Same with coaches, give em a FT contract and they can train on more days

but when your balancing a budget players seem to want more money if they are on a FT contract, its better for the club to take people on part-time, then when the board make you pro, then take players on with FT contracts

Older players won't improve so why give them full-time deals? With the training facilities and quality of the one coach at a part time club, young players won't improve through training either. The only factors that improve young players at a low-rep club are their age and match time. Frankly, there is no advantage to giving part-timers full-time contracts, other than retaining them if they're wont to move to a full-time club.

but when your balancing a budget players seem to want more money if they are on a FT contract, its better for the club to take people on part-time, then when the board make you pro, then take players on with FT contracts

That's why when i went for my players, i went for all on the same day, so that i could offer larger contracts due to many players not wanting to play for peanuts. As a result, my wages are between 2-3 over their limit.

But i will worry about that later, as it is still only 1st season, and at least i got a v good squad, and full reserves. Far better than any other team in my tier.

depending what tier your playing it will make a masive differece, even more if you have tied them down to longish contracts, as even with promotions chances are you will make a loss more often than not.

Tied them all to 5 year contracts. Tier 7. FC United of Manchester, so i am confident that even if we do go into the red a bit, we can still pull it around, as this team is v rarely, (if ever) taken over.

No doubt. Those are long contracts, for players that may not be good enough if you get promoted. Poor financial planning there, to be honest.

When I play lower league, I usually do short part-time contracts, because the turnover on players tends to be high. I always seem to find better players than I have on free transfers, so I don't want to be stuck with a player that won't be key because he's on 5 years.

No doubt. Those are long contracts, for players that may not be good enough if you get promoted. Poor financial planning there, to be honest.

When I play lower league, I usually do short part-time contracts, because the turnover on players tends to be high. I always seem to find better players than I have on free transfers, so I don't want to be stuck with a player that won't be key because he's on 5 years.

I can sell any of them whenever i want, around november they virtually have have wnt signs next to their names. So i aren't worried that i have a squad of players that i can't get rid of if i choose. However they are that good that they will probably be my starters for the 1st 3 seasons give or take a few players here and there.

Taking FC United into debt - how ironic is that :eek:

I won't be going into the red now, got to 2nd rnd of FA Cup, and recieved a TV date, coupled with a bumper crowd i am now 150k in the black, plus a 2nd replay at a lg 1 club still to come. So whatever happens i will end the season in 6 months with a healthy bank balance :D

Archived