Russian League

Has anybody else ever done a russian league? I started one with Spartak Moscow. Won the league 1st season but found that when it came to Europe my season ended nearly 3 months before the Knockout stages of Uefa Cup and Champions League. I managed to finish 3rd in CL group. My group consisted of Spartak Moscow, Schalke 04, Sevilla and A.C Milan. There are no top quality teams available or willing to play friendly matches in my pre season so my players lacked any quality match practice and crashed out to Ajax on away goals

Has anybody else ever done a russian league? I started one with Spartak Moscow. Won the league 1st season but found that when it came to Europe my season ended nearly 3 months before the Knockout stages of Uefa Cup and Champions League. I managed to finish 3rd in CL group. My group consisted of Spartak Moscow, Schalke 04, Sevilla and A.C Milan. There are no top quality teams available or willing to play friendly matches in my pre season so my players lacked any quality match practice and crashed out to Ajax on away goals

This is just the same as in real life. Zennit St Peterburg are not currently in a domestic season but are playing in the UEFA cup semi final.

Just one of the problems with playing in a country where the winters are so cold, it means you have to adjust your league dates.

Maybe you could just play your reserves to get match fit and boost morale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by belimanteli:

has anybody found any decent players in the russian leagues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez! There are loads!!!

i finally finished 3rd in Champions Cup group behind Real Madrid and Bayern Munchen and ahead of monaco so once again I am in UEFA Cup only this time i have decided to do a tour of belgium and the czech republic to try and keep match fitness. i won the league again.

overall i am enjoying doing a russian league

the tours of belgium and czech republic really helped match fitness. i am now in the uefa cup semi final against fiorentina. beat sampdoria, marseille and celtic on route.

i will be updating this as and when i can to let everybody know how the mighty read and whites are doing.

anybody interested?!?

i won the uefa cup and russian league.

following season i got knocked out against inter milan in the cl 2nd round.

quit to try and save birmingham in ccc.

was 10 points behind.

van der sar decided he would go up front in the decisive game.

i finished 23rd

enough said

The Russian league can be great fun. I've managed Dinamo Moscow and it wasn't easy. There are bigger, richer clubs, and the rules can make team selection challenging, but it's one of the best games I've played.

Archived