Idea for FM11

In Match Day options we can open a window for goal updates. It is a good feature, but it blocks the match view and show all the goal updates. My idea is to select the games which is important for you for the goal updates. It can give info about goals, disallowed goals, penalties, or red cards in the commentary box with a different color. Preferably with the colors of the team that scores goal, have disallowed goal, penalty shoot or red cards. If we choose more than 1 game to follow we can receive info about them in different colors. Or maybe we can have small separate part in the commentary box, which only give info about the games we select to receive info. I hope I can explain what I mean.

Tried to explain what I mean in pictures. Check out the link in below.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7290/matchview.jpg

I will be like watching the game in TV IRL. For ex. M.Utd, Chelsae, and Arsenal have a chance in last 3 game to win the title. If you watch M.Utd. game on TV, the commentators give live update if any important thing goes on Chelsea or Arsenal game. I hope it can be implemented.

The game processes each game at a time not the first minute of all games then the second minute of all games. So you'd need to have all the games played out (processed) before you start playing and then be told the happenings as if they were happening at the time you are playing. Would mean an extra delay which I think most would not want but if several do should be easy to implement as a check box option.

The game processes each game at a time not the first minute of all games then the second minute of all games. So you'd need to have all the games played out (processed) before you start playing and then be told the happenings as if they were happening at the time you are playing. Would mean an extra delay which I think most would not want but if several do should be easy to implement as a check box option.

I mean the games that starts at the same date and time. When you check the "Latest Scores" you can see the score changes, red cards, missing penalties on time. I would like to see changes on selected games on the commentary box. Like watching Chelsea game on TV and receiving news for M.Utd games from the commentators.

Such as the ones on Gillette Soccer Saturday/Sky Sports News - where all the latest goals are printed at the bottom of the screen along with red cards etc.

That's what I mean excactly. The only difference is that I don't want updates from all the games, but the ones I select before starting the match. For ex. I just want to recieve info about the teams on top 2 teams, if I am running for the title.

Maybe something like in FIFA 10? You get the quick update at the top, You see who scored and what is the score and after some amount of time it disappeares.

It is also a good idea. "Goal Updates" are not useful atfor me all for me. I use "Latest Scores", but since it blocks my view I have to turn on and of all the time.

How about a horizontal scrolling videprinter? Perhaps at the top of the screen, or above the commentary bar? The widgets are good but having to many can clutter up the screen. In essence, all the info is already there in the latest scores so surely it shouldn't be that difficult to implement?

How about a horizontal scrolling videprinter? Perhaps at the top of the screen, or above the commentary bar? /QUOTE]

It is similar to my idea. Anything that can give info without blocking the view would be fine. Also if we can have option to select games that will appear on videprinter would be great.

I watched NHL on ESPN lately and there was a bar, which was appearing for few seconds to show the score and scorer under the match score bar. Why don't try this if You know what I mean.

It is a good idea as well. Any idea written on this thread would look better than "Latest Scores" and "Goal Updates". I crossed my fingers that SI would acknowledge this idea.

They should allow a sky sports news type screen to run on a separate monitor for those of us who have an old one knocking about to keep track of whats happening in other games.

This is a brilliant idea - it would be great if they found a way to implement dual monitor support to this level.

Maybe outside of the matchday it would display your homepage only and links clicked on in this page would update your main screen.

I doubt this will happen though as I think a relatively small portion of the market has a second monitor.

Good idea :)

Sometimes indeed one or two other matches are very important and you want to know what's happening there. So far you can only get news when switching between screen or when utilizing the split-screen. The former is annoying and the latter impairs the ease of use too while being a bit laggy on top of that.

Why can't we have some system which allows us to have an immediate news flash in the TV view which doesn't block too much space? Something along these lines which would be customizable would be absolutely fabulous :)

I remember a good few years back now Everton had to win their last game against Wimbledon and hope Chelsea (i think it was) win their game in order to avoid relegation. Both games were on live and my local pub had both games on different screens I can still rember jumping from one screen to the other franticly. Thank god it all worked out.

Archived