Parachute Payments question

Hi, quick query :)

I'm currently managing Preston North End and, having won promotion to the Premiership. I then got relegated back to the CCC.

As I understand it, clubs who have been relegated from the CCC receive parachute payments for 2 seasons.

I'm in mid September and, as yet, I haven't noticed any income that appears to be parachute payments.

So my questions are:

- Are these included in FM10?

- If so, when are they paid?

- How much money do I get?

I could do with knowing this so I can plan expenditure accordingly. Presently sitting on £6m in the bank but I'm running a deficit so it won't last.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, you get them at the end of the season. If you'd get them at the start then the whole sharing between other teams if you get promoted straight back wouldn't really work, would it?

Yes, that makes sense :)

Does anyone know exactly how much per season the parachute payments are worth?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this again but...

I finished my season in the CCC with PNE, winning promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt.

I understand that the 2nd season of parachute payments would not be mine i.e. they'd be divided up among the other CCC clubs. But I thought I'd get the first season's payments??? I haven't received a penny - its July of the new season now and I have watched my finances closely. Not a sausage.

Is my understanding of how the payments work incorrect? Or is it a bug? I'm really pee-ed off either way because I budgeted for the payments. When they didn't arrive, I went into debt at the end of the season and as a result the improvements to our training and youth facilities were cancelled.

As has already been posted in this thread...you don't get the parachute money if you gain promotion straight away as you'll be getting the PL TV money again, so the parachute payments are divided between the other CCC teams.

Archived