C'mon SI, get a grip - fix the sub-keeper bug

Someone give me 10 real life examples of keepers coming on mid-way through games in the last 5 years. I can give you at least 10 examples of this happening on my game in the last 2 months. Im talking about first-choice keepers being subbed at half-time in Champions League games when they are playing well. Where is the logic in that?

Here's one example:

I was playing Besiktas at home in the Euro Cup. They had 2 of their keepers injured so they played an Angolan international. After a first-half of him pulling off saves from every angle and literally keeping his side in the game he is taken off at half-time for an 18 year-old regen. Checked this guys stats after the game and he was woeful. Someone give me a logical explaination of why this happened? I can tell you that the Angolan guy wasn't injured and was match fit.

Just played Rangers in another Euro Cup game and McGregor was shipped off at half-time for no reason. Wasn't injured and was match fit.

My Slovakian keeper made TWO substitute appearances in the World Cup. I rest my case.

I've seen keeper subs in 10.3 as well, but less frequent than in 10.2. Another thing that happens way too often is the AI manager trying to switch things around by making 3 outfield subs at halftime.

I have only seen a keeper subbed 3 times in 10.3.

The first was when the keeper got injured.

The second was when the keeper had conceded 5 goals (2 of which were own goals) and whose rating was about 1.5, and he was subbed off with about 30 minutes to go after he got booked.

The third was for no reason.

That is in about 10 seasons of play on 10.3.

I am currently playing the 2nd leg against Sporting Gijon in the Euro Cup. They just subbed their GK at 45 mins just as they did in the 1st leg. Rating was 6.9 and the score was 0-0. I don't remember the rating for the 1st leg, but they were up 3-1 so I can't imagine that it was all that bad.

Archived