register players for league

Hallo, all.

This is my first post as you might see, and i have just purchased the game 2 weeks ago, and have loved it so far.

I have finished my first season with Liverpool, after missing out on every single competition im in, either loosing a final and lost the league with one point.

Anyway, im the second season now. at the beginning of the season, i was asked to select 25 players, 8 of which are trained in the UK.

So i did, and now EVEN IN THE LEAGUE, i can only select one of those 25, and cant select anyone else. I was able to choose anyone in the previous season without registering them...

Any solution??

This rule is being introduced as of next season. You don't need to register players who are 21 or younger on the 31st of August though and you can still play them. Register as few under 21's as possible so that you can register all of those over this age.

It's new rule that's being implemented next season irl, where you need 25 player registered for the 1st team. Any players under 21 don't need to be registered and can still play, but anyone above 21 who isn't registered won't be able to play.

Is the problem you're having not being able to select players to play even though you've registered them?

If so, then patch up. This issue was fixed. :)

whats the point of that rule anyway? to limit manager's choices? to make the game less attractive by having less players? to make it so hard to play games like fm10 :p? I have a 39 man squad, most of them are over 21. im a rush to sell like 7 of them now.

The idea is to encourage clubs to use players from domestic academies as each squad of 25 has to have eight homegrown players. The problem is, players under 21 will count as home grown if they spend three years in a country before turning 21 so clubs will still be able to sign youngsters from a young age and eventually have them classed as homegrown, so Fabregas for example, will count towards one of Arsenals homegrown players.

it isnt much of problem considering that England is severely lacking on talent, as the GK problem clearly shows. Which then explains why this rule is now in place. But the problem here is, the PL is going to miss out on too much creative talent that can boost its attractiveness, as well as marketing oppurtunities.

Haven't Italy got it something similar aswell? And they won the world cup in recent years.

I think Italy have a rule where they are limited to the number of non-eu players they can sign each season. I've not heard of a squad size ruling, but it could well be new.

Archived