Lower League Training

Hey, just wanted to ask a few questions.

What workload would you do for full-time and/or part-time training for Lower League (BSP and below) players?

Also, what would you focus on? IMO, Physical and Mental training would be more useful for these players than technical.

But what do all of you think?

You have a accept that at that level, training is not going to have much effect. Too few coaches, poor facilities, and with part-time not enough training at all. I tend to focus on preventing attributes from deteriorating rather than improving with training. What really improves the players is not training, but playing first team matches. Therefore, keep a small squad and give your younger players as much playing experience as you can, and use older experienced players as tutors.

Age is a key factor too. Young players will improve their physical attributes most quickly regardless of training and then stop developing around age 24. Mental attribute increases comes more from maturity (i.e. age) and match experience than training. I therefore recommend different schedules for younger and older players. But, I repeat, much more important is to give them match experience.

Archived