From Amateur to Semi Pro

I am Harpenden in the BSP, I got promoted last season. Before I was an amateur, so no wages were given out. However this season, the club has decided to go semi professional, meaning we now give out wages and bonuses etc. I don't mind this, it's a step forward in my view, but the problem is the fact that I have no wage money to give out! Players are requesting around £190 a week or so, but I don't have any wage budgets! Can anyone enlighten as to how I can get money to offer to players? I've tried asking for more wages, but they says I have the right amount needed.

I am Harpenden in the BSP, I got promoted last season. Before I was an amateur, so no wages were given out. However this season, the club has decided to go semi professional, meaning we now give out wages and bonuses etc. I don't mind this, it's a step forward in my view, but the problem is the fact that I have no wage money to give out! Players are requesting around £190 a week or so, but I don't have any wage budgets! Can anyone enlighten as to how I can get money to offer to players? I've tried asking for more wages, but they says I have the right amount needed.

• 5 years later...
Do the amateur clubs decide by their own to become semi-pro? When? Under what circumstances?

Thanks for helping!

Sometime it's requested by law depending on the league requirement. However you can upgrade to professional by asking the board if you remain in the same league for a while. If the situation permit, it could happen. Again, if you promote to League 2, you will automatically be changed to professional status.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived