Are unrealistic transfers STILL in the game?

I thought SI had stopped the unrealistic transfers with the 10.3 patch?

In my new career game I've just seen that AC Milan have put a offer of £1.2m for Bolton's 31 year old reserve player Paul Robinson.

I'm just suprised as he's not in their first team, plus he's 31 and his stats aren't exactly amazing so why would Milan bid for him?

This is a new game one season in on the 10.3 patch as I've already said.

Transfer1.png

Transfer2.png

People actually trying to justify this, is laughable.

SI have acknowledged that a lot of work has gone into the transfer system and some things are not perfect - this being one of them. Whilst it irritates me we all just need to understand that it's a bit unrealistic, rather than trying to justify it. It' not a game breaker.

To be honest, since the days of absolutely insane transfers in FM08 and constantly occuring transfers in FM07, the game has come on alot. Vastly more realistic transfer fees, and (mostly) realistic transfers. There are a few blips like this, but it's hardly a game-ruiner.

Its always frustrating when this happens, hopefully this is just a rare occurence. What skin is that btw Phil?

It's the Neue 2 skins found on sortitoutsi.

What database size are you using?

A custom one.

It's Eng down to League 2, Italy down to Serie B and Spain down to Segunda B all on full.

It's also a medium database with all players from top clubs in every continent which comes to around 26,000 players.

Real Madrid bought Baines from Everton on my current game, probs not as unrealistic as bullard going to Bayern but still quite

Baines used to go to big teams all the time on FM08, and to be fair baines to far off the standard of madrids current left back

This is Milan you know, doesn't take much to find a keeper better than Dida.

They'll even settle for a left back with the same name as a half-decent goalkeeper ;)

Bayern have bought Jimmy Bullard

Would never happen IRL. There's no way Bayern can afford Jimmy.

In a way this is like saying, You SHOULD limit yourself to transfers you make depending on who you are. If you choose to go Real Madrid or AC Milan or any top flight club then you CANNOT sign backup players or reserve players. It's crazy. ANYTHING can happen in the world of football. I don't want to sit and write out a list of shocking transfers that people would never see coming (Most recent in the headlines atm is Joe Cole and where he might be going... take a look). Jamie :)

I remember Milan once bought Luther Blissett from Watford for a few million.

Also recall an unknown Middlesbrough reserve player by the name of Ronnie O'Brien moving to Juventus in the late 90s.

Anyone up for Craig Davies to Verona from Oxford as well? Must be an Italian thing.

Also recall an unknown Middlesbrough reserve player by the name of Ronnie O'Brien moving to Juventus in the late 90s.

Anyone up for Craig Davies to Verona from Oxford as well? Must be an Italian thing.

:D :D Always used to play as Verona because of that.

IIRC, Jay Bothroyd to Reggina? :p

Actually O'Brien was looking like the next big thing back then, the whole of Ireland went into mourning (;)) when they saw his career not panning out.

In my game, Mikael Silvestre went to Arsenal for 500k and Arsenal somehow managed to flog Senderos to A.C. Milan on loan for the season! Totally unrealistic. In the same window Liverpool spent 30 million on Robbie Keane !!! I might throw my FM CD out of the window.

ok tony.....

mikael and senderos were both still playing first team football....

i doubt nowadays a top side like milan would sign someone rotting away in the reserves especially since he's over 30...

(im probably gonna hear something about the over 30 part...)

Ok I don't mind the big clubs signing a few backup players but you rarely see the top players move clubs.

Big clubs will occasionally buy wonderkids for a lot of money but Eto'o and Ibrahimovic to use as examples will never leave their clubs

I start a new game... and after 5 days... first unrealistic transfer.

I'm playing with Benfica, and Man. City bought my 3º keeper (Moreira) for 2M€.

And i'm playing with 6 leagues (Portugal, England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France).

He looks like a solid backup leftback. Not someone who will set the world alight, but if they don't have a quality second choice and he's being touted around for 1.2mil, why wouldn't they throw a bid in?

As Arsenal boss I've bought players of a similar standard to plug a gap for a year or so while waiting for youngsters to grow into the backup spot.

Porto have been trying to buy Max Gradel from me for about 6.25 m

I won't let him go. I have only one person to cover him anyway.

Anyone else notice that as soon as you sell a player that is the only cover for a position that the position he was covering that player gets injured for a few months?

Had a backup goalie, sold him for 10k, straight away my 1st choice keeper injured for 6 weeks.

Still happens.

Would never happen irl

As Milan, I signed Alex Smithies in the first season as a young player to bring through the ranks, but ended up playing him for half a season in the first team after some dire performances from Dida et al.

Both Craig Davies and Bothroyd were at the mighty wolves a few years ago as two of McCarthy's first signings, now at cardiff and oldham(?) so probably haven't fulfilled their potential...

back on topic and I do think its mainly to do with the size of the database, put simply, I'm running a small database with only the top 4 english leagues loaded, therefore there is a much greater pool of players in england than anywhere else for foreign teams to get players. Therefore its unsurprising that big clubs fork out for small time players.

AC Milan are my best customers at Wolves: after 2/3 seasons they bought SEB for £10M and a year later bought Berra for £7.5M :)

As I've said before, the often unreal transfers that players themselves make when playing a save makes the whole point moot.

Exactly!

Its not unrealistic for Burton Albion to become european champions within 5 seasons and sign the worlds best players yet Milan attempt to sign a goalkeeper, who many in this country still consider good enough to play for England ( I don't btw ), and sign him at a good price is ?

I quite like the quirky transfers that go on in the game tbh.

If the game played out like real life ALL the time then it would be a very dull game.

Its got better with the latest patch, but the game still has too much of a 'AI needs player in X position, and will sign up any old tat to fill it' feel to it

its far too easy to offer that 30+ backup player who hasn't played (or played well) all season to other clubs and get an offer.

I think that due to last years game having the problem were teams didn't sign anyone, so 5-10years down the line they'd be playing a similar (but geriatric) lineup to now...SI have taken things the other way.

Archived