Ever feel like selling a player for one mistake?

firston.jpg

These are the stats from my first leg Champions League semi-final against Roma. My Everton side could only manage a 1-0 win when it should have been at least 3-0. So I went into the second leg with high hopes.

secondj.jpg

We went 2-0 down very quickly but managed to pull one back next thing I know Cattermole has decided to hack down the Roma attacker giving him a second yellow card and giving Roma a penalty. This knocked us out of the Champions League at the furthest stage I have ever reached with my team. After despatching of Real Madrid in the previous round 6-3 on aggregate I thought Roma would be no problem.

After the match I transfer listed Cattermole out of madness and offered him out for £15 million, I got a bid of £12.75 million but thought about it and decided to keep him. If the offer was £15 million I think I would have sold him. Thing is who is more to blame him for getting sent off at a point when we were just getting back into the game or the strikers and attackers for not finishing off Roma in the first leg.

Although being the manager I know deep down it's all my fault lol, besides me who is more to blame? Him for getting sent off at a point when we were just getting back into the game or the strikers and attackers for not finishing off Roma in the first leg. Have you ever sold a player or been tempted to after one single mistake?

I sold my third string keeper who was forced to play because of injuries. This was followed by a loss to a League 2 side in the FA Cup. He was promptly sold. Didn't feel much remorse as he let in goals that outfield players may have stopped. See Robbie Savage in goal for Derby County in yesterday's game against Reading.

i feel like it all the time.....but i usually stick them in the reserves for a bit

i dont think i could sell terry for getting a red card in the first 5 mins at west ham......

Archived