Confused, please help

ok im not the most tactically gifted fm10 manager..

My example is this,

im playing as man city right now.

De jong playing as a central mid (support), i dont want him to go back often to help my defenders, i want him to stay in centre of pitch and move forward with play , what do i set his instructions as ??

regards

ok im not the most tactically gifted fm10 manager..

My example is this,

im playing as man city right now.

De jong playing as a central mid (support), i dont want him to go back often to help my defenders, i want him to stay in centre of pitch and move forward with play , what do i set his instructions as ??

regards

Not sure on his skills but perhaps try him as a box-to-box midfielder on support.

The problem could be the role but it could also be the individual player/attributes. I've found even in the same role some players seem to play slightly differently to others.

de jong is naturally a defensive player so maybe he had PPM's stopping him going forward. Try somebody like Ireland if you want midfield support going forward

no he doesn't, but you have going forward and going forward. If you want him to make goals from six yard box with head, or in the area, then give him an att role, if you want him to stay farther away, make him support... but it also depends on team mentality setting, fluincy, CF etc. Just use trial and error.

He doesn't have ppm's except dives into tackles and tight marking. The latter is a lil defensive.

Off topic. Why do you want him to go forward? He has a bad shot, bad dribbling, bad creativity, bad finishing, bad flair, avg passing, bad composure, avg touch. I don't see what you want from him really...

no he doesn't, but you have going forward and going forward. If you want him to make goals from six yard box with head, or in the area, then give him an att role, if you want him to stay farther away, make him support... but it also depends on team mentality setting, fluincy, CF etc. Just use trial and error.

He doesn't have ppm's except dives into tackles and tight marking. The latter is a lil defensive.

Off topic. Why do you want him to go forward? He has a bad shot, bad dribbling, bad creativity, bad finishing, bad flair, avg passing, bad composure, avg touch. I don't see what you want from him really...

thats why i said use Ireland :thup:

Ireland broken leg, out for 6 mths, and wright philips out for 3 weeks, just wanted extra support for adebayor and tevez

who incidentle neither are scoring much

how about petrov? Or you could even use barry as a bit of support. Either would be better than de jong

Archived