patch not working .....

i have downloaded the boxed patch for the pc and it says windows cannot open this file also someone told me when right clicking you can run as administrator if you have vista but this isnt working for me eithers ?

Does anyone have a salution ?

is there not a sticky on this yet. How many more threads need to be opened telling people to add .exe. its not rocket science :rolleyes:

Some people aren't computer literate and therefore need help. At least we've got past the '10 threads a day about when's the next patch out' phase. :rolleyes:

is there not a sticky on this yet. How many more threads need to be opened telling people to add .exe. its not rocket science :rolleyes:

I'm a bit confused of why we need to add ".exe" to the end.

Is there a reason the file couldn't be named correctly when it was uploaded or was it just a mistake?

It happened with 10.2 I didn't think we would have the same issue again with 10.3

Some people aren't computer literate and therefore need help. At least we've got past the '10 threads a day about when's the next patch out' phase. :rolleyes:

im not saying people dont need help. im saying that after all this time and the countless number of threads, some bright spark would have thought it to be a good idea to make a sticky about the patch

I'm a bit confused of why we need to add ".exe" to the end.

Is there a reason the file couldn't be named correctly when it was uploaded or was it just a mistake?

It happened with 10.2 I didn't think we would have the same issue again with 10.3

I think it's happened with all the patches.

Someone correct me if I'm way off, but I believe it's a problem with the translation of code. It gets uploaded, and converted into "computer speak" so it can act as a proper file and be downloaded by us. Then we convert it back from "computer speak" so we can update our game. We do this by changing the file name to ".exe". The reason it doesn't happen automatically is because some of the information in the patch didn't get converted correctly.

im not saying people dont need help. im saying that after all this time and the countless number of threads, some bright spark would have thought it to be a good idea to make a sticky about the patch

Well, you said "it's not rocket science", therefore implying that everyone should find it easy to do...

But I agree with the sticky thing. The problem that would then arise is people not reading it, which would get everyone else annoyed, and there can't possibly be a sticky for everything that's often discussed on these forums.

I think it's happened with all the patches.

Someone correct me if I'm way off, but I believe it's a problem with the translation of code. It gets uploaded, and converted into "computer speak" so it can act as a proper file and be downloaded by us. Then we convert it back from "computer speak" so we can update our game. We do this by changing the file name to ".exe". The reason it doesn't happen automatically is because some of the information in the patch didn't get converted correctly.

only the 10.1 patch needed .exe adding for me. the others were fine. Id does seem a bit strange how it only happens sometimes and not all the time

Well, you said "it's not rocket science", therefore implying that everyone should find it easy to do...

But I agree with the sticky thing. The problem that would then arise is people not reading it, which would get everyone else annoyed, and there can't possibly be a sticky for everything that's often discussed on these forums.

i meant its not rocket science to make a sticky seeing how popular the subject is.

only the 10.1 patch needed .exe adding for me. the others were fine. Id does seem a bit strange how it only happens sometimes and not all the time

That would support my theory, that it's a problem with the converting of code, because it will, of course, not happen all the time.

Archived