Dual Management from starting new game...

Is it possible to manage both a national and a domestic team from starting a brand new game, or do you just need to pick one and wait till the other becomes available? I'm thinking of starting a Scotland one and managing Real Madrid or a club in a top league with loads of money and buying the Scottish team and see how they get on.

Originally started one a while ago with Scotland and the Motherwell managers job came up and took that, and am still doing well in that but its a while since I've played it and want a new baby to work with.

yeah, Choose a national side, like England for example, load up the English league upto League 2, and then apply for jobs. If you select your reputation as an International Footballer, you should get a job in the Championship.

I think what Snaps said is your best bet, I wanted to do this as well with Papua New Guinea in a custom db - I wanted to take over a league team as well as the national team, but afaik the only way to do it is to set your reputation high when you are beginning, take over the national job then apply for a job in the league, or vice versa - although it would be easier to start with the national team.

Or if you want a specific team, start as the national manager of the team you want. Then start the game, then from the FM menu on the game add a new manager of the team you want, then retire. Then with the national team manager apply for the club manager's vacancy. Do it again if they dont hire you, eventually you'll get it if you have the past experience set as international footballer (or whatever the highest one is)

Archived