Just cannot get into the game this year

I started that way and did find it very difficult to get used to FM10 as I felt that some of the fun was being taken out of it even though I didn't know why.

The best way I found of keeping interest is to load the leagues that you want to manage in, go unemployed (automatic), take a vacant managers position and try to build your reputation up and either progress with your current team or move on every now and then to better challenges.

Why not convince some friends to play online? It's great when you all run something like Teamspeak so you can chat. I did this for almost 4 seasons (stopped as I had loaded too many leagues and the game was getting slower).

We managed teams in the Welsh Premier League as most of us are from Wales, and it was a challenge to keep finances stable and find any decent players.

You could also venture into the editor and create some leagues of your own - or if you don't have the desire to create one download one already made - there are plenty in editors hideout.

I have lost the place with how the match flows. There are so many screens and so much information during a game. Youve got 6 tabs at the top, then an additional 13 options to choose what information you may be looking for.

So for instance, looking for the assistant feedback, I need to go to the Analysis tab then hit the feedback tab, then to change the information he suggests i have to find my way to the tactics screen, at the opposite side of the screen.

The other thing was teamtalks - I always look at the motivation screen, to do this I need to get into the Stats tab, then select the home or away stats, check the info, and go back to my team/tactics page click on the team talk option again and make the team talk, if I forget what i am to say to a certain player I have to go back into the stats tab and again select the home/away team to check and then navigate my way back to the page I was doing my team talk page. What I am saying is that it doesnt save the page you were on in that tab to easily flick back and forth.

Oh listen its late now, sorry if this dont make sense.

Overall navigating my way round the game has became a big pain - I hate arranging friendlies - always always always have to find my way to the list - and why oh why do we not have it saved the teams we have played friendlies against already, so it builds a bank of teams that you could easily select from past seasons - and why is there only 1 team per line on the list of teams for friendlies, if i want to play Wycombe for example, I have to scroll down to the bottom of the huge list. I arrange friendlies for my reserves and its a real annoyance having to go through it everytime.

There is quite a few good new additions to the game, its just that finding them is not easy because its behind page after page of screens to get to them.

Also with me having Vista, the game doesnt remember I dont want to view the game on tv mode...only classic mode but it almost always seems to make me have to come out of tv mode.

late night rant over...I will try n remember to read this tomorrow and see if ive made sense to anyone.

I have lost the place with how the match flows. There are so many screens and so much information during a game. Youve got 6 tabs at the top, then an additional 13 options to choose what information you may be looking for.

So for instance, looking for the assistant feedback, I need to go to the Analysis tab then hit the feedback tab, then to change the information he suggests i have to find my way to the tactics screen, at the opposite side of the screen.

The other thing was teamtalks - I always look at the motivation screen, to do this I need to get into the Stats tab, then select the home or away stats, check the info, and go back to my team/tactics page click on the team talk option again and make the team talk, if I forget what i am to say to a certain player I have to go back into the stats tab and again select the home/away team to check and then navigate my way back to the page I was doing my team talk page. What I am saying is that it doesnt save the page you were on in that tab to easily flick back and forth.

Oh listen its late now, sorry if this dont make sense.

Overall navigating my way round the game has became a big pain - I hate arranging friendlies - always always always have to find my way to the list - and why oh why do we not have it saved the teams we have played friendlies against already, so it builds a bank of teams that you could easily select from past seasons - and why is there only 1 team per line on the list of teams for friendlies, if i want to play Wycombe for example, I have to scroll down to the bottom of the huge list. I arrange friendlies for my reserves and its a real annoyance having to go through it everytime.

There is quite a few good new additions to the game, its just that finding them is not easy because its behind page after page of screens to get to them.

Also with me having Vista, the game doesnt remember I dont want to view the game on tv mode...only classic mode but it almost always seems to make me have to come out of tv mode.

late night rant over...I will try n remember to read this tomorrow and see if ive made sense to anyone.

I'm sorry but I don't agree, yes it takes a little while to get used to where the tabs have been moved to, but once you know I think it's better than previous games. As for arranging friendlies it's much easier than before and a lot more teams to choose from as well

Same as OP and Johnny here. Have the game and patches since release but never got into it (I haven't even played 10.3 yet). This is not about bugs that 10.3 could fix, or challenges that the forum could tell me about (in the dedicated section). It's more about how worse the game has gone for me.

The main drawback is the interface and especially the number of clics to go from page A to page B, and of course these are pages you use very often and this is almost the case for everything.

I have the feeling that if you didn't get into FM09 you love the 10. I loved and still love and spent lots of time on FM09 so could that explain this ?

Hello, ive never really posted on here.

I just want some thoughts, Ive had the game since release but just cannot get into it this year. Ive loved all the previous games, but this year ive just lost the enthusiasm to play it.

Anyone else the same?

Absolutely understandable. I had the same but I've found a way around it.

Major changes made the game way to complicated to get results. But when you discover what they have changed you might start enjoying it more. Pay special attention to players gelling, motivation, speaking language, having different personalities, influential players Slight concerns and so on. Fine tactics tuning is also required. Complacency against weaker teams can become big issue too...

Forums helped me. Join "the dugout" forums too, it should help.

Absolutely understandable. I had the same but I've found a way around it.

Major changes made the game way to complicated to get results. But when you discover what they have changed you might start enjoying it more. Pay special attention to players gelling, motivation, speaking language, having different personalities, influential players Slight concerns and so on. Fine tactics tuning is also required. Complacency against weaker teams can become big issue too...

Forums helped me. Join "the dugout" forums too, it should help.

NAIL ON THE HEAD

It's just all a bit too much, the game has become TOO complicated and therefore too hard to master. I dont want a dead easy game but i do want to be able to improve at it and get something out of it. For me the biggest pull of FM is its potential longevity. I love playing for 20+ years in FM, and tracking the progress of my favourite players, both real and regens. But if you do this, with this FM, it's almost impossible to have success....

Same as OP and Johnny here. Have the game and patches since release but never got into it (I haven't even played 10.3 yet). This is not about bugs that 10.3 could fix, or challenges that the forum could tell me about (in the dedicated section). It's more about how worse the game has gone for me.

The main drawback is the interface and especially the number of clics to go from page A to page B, and of course these are pages you use very often and this is almost the case for everything.

I have the feeling that if you didn't get into FM09 you love the 10. I loved and still love and spent lots of time on FM09 so could that explain this ?

Im not sure about that. I loved 09 and have only started playing 10 a few weeks ago but I think that this game is much better. As I said like anything new it does take a bit of getting used to and there is a lot more detail in it but I wouldn't say it was too complicated just more involved and more realistic, isn't that what it's all about, its a simulation so the nearer it is to the real thing the better.

As for arranging friendlies it's much easier than before and a lot more teams to choose from as well

How is it easier arranging friendlies? It doesnt matter whether theres more choice, that wasnt an issue in the past, its just a long drawn out process to get to the team you want to play because it doesnt remember where you last searched for a team sometimes

Archived