Is it possible to add my manager pic after i have already taken charge of a club ?

Hi

Forgot to add my manager pic when i originally created the save, is there any way to add it now that i have begun, other than retiring and coming back to the same club but this time adding my pic when prompted ?

Yes it's possible, but do you have any prior knowledge at all of config files and/or Unique IDs? For example, do you use facepacks/logos in your game which you've downloaded?

Otherwise it might seem a bit complicated.

Yes it's possible, but do you have any prior knowledge at all of config files and/or Unique IDs? For example, do you use facepacks/logos in your game which you've downloaded?

Otherwise it might seem a bit complicated.

Don't use any facepacks, but have only played 1 match before saving. Will th4 retire and come back as it will probably be quicker and easier

Don't use any facepacks, but have only played 1 match before saving. Will th4 retire and come back as it will probably be quicker and easier

Yeah i think I'd advise that tbh. Otherwise it would most likely involve a kind of step-by-step guide, and you'd need to download a program too.

In reality it would take only 2 minutes to do, but only if you already knew how to do it. I would offer to do it for you but I'm not at home unfortunately.

Yeah i think I'd advise that tbh. Otherwise it would most likely involve a kind of step-by-step guide, and you'd need to download a program too.

In reality it would take only 2 minutes to do, but only if you already knew how to do it. I would offer to do it for you but I'm not at home unfortunately.

Thanks for the offer, but already retired and gone back to the 1st match now

I wouldn't mind a lil walkthough on how to do it :) Didn't have my suit avaliable when iset the game up so couldn't do my proper manager pic lol.

I've used facepacks but i just follow the insturctions and don't pay much attention.

Go into your game and go to Preferences - Display and Sound

Tick the boxes that say "Show Unique IDs" and "Always reload skin on confirm"

Untick the box that says "Use Skin cache"

Also, if you aren't already in windowed mode, I'd suggest changing it now so that you don't have to close down and reboot the game completely.

Click confirm and wait for the skin to reload.

Now go to your manager's profile page. Make a note of the long number under his name in the Header.

On your PC, go to the picture you want to use as your manager's picture, and rename it as the ID which you noted down.

Go to Documents - Football Manager 2010. There should be a number of folders here.

If you don't have one already, right click and create a new folder called "graphics".

Go inside the graphics folder and create another folder. This time call it "Facepacks". Place your re-named manager picture in here.

Now, download this xml program http://www.filefront.com/14225731/fmXML.zip/

It's a zip file, so you'll need to be able to open those. I use Winrar as it's free to download.

Install the fmxml, and open it up.

Click and drag the folder called "Facepacks" into the browse bar of the program.

Tick the box in the bottom left called "All filenames are IDs' and make sure in the "Action" section you have selected "Make config.xml file", and in the Object section you have "Faces" selected.

Click the Go button

Once this is done, close it down and close your documents folder etc (if you want, doesn't matter much).

Head back to FM and, once again, go to Preferences - Display and sound

Untick the box "Show Unique IDs" (unless you want to keep the IDs always in view).

LEAVE the other two boxes as they are.

Click Confirm, wait for skin to reload and Bob's your uncle.

Hope I didn't miss anything out. I know it might look like a lot if you're not used to it, but once you get the hang of it it really takes just 2 seconds. Plus, in the future you obviously don't have to do the process of creating the folders, because you've just done it.

:)

Archived