HELP can't buy player for same sum as AI

start of second season. Athletico offer 11m pounds for samuel, i find this a good deal, and match the bid. Im valencia. They renegotiate to the ridiculous sum of 27m, while they already accepted athletico's offer. WHY?? And if you know why, plz tell me what im doing wrong. How comes the AI always seems to try to scr*w human players over, while giving out bargains to other ai teams?

What I find is that this happens after they have already accepted an offer for the player. I'd think it's just that club thinking, "Well I've already got one club accepted, why not try to push some bonus offers up and see if we can get some more money?"

What I find is that this happens after they have already accepted an offer for the player. I'd think it's just that club thinking, "Well I've already got one club accepted, why not try to push some bonus offers up and see if we can get some more money?"

I actually do this myself if I have more than one offer for a player.

Did they actualy get the player for 11 mill?

What I normaly find is that, in your example, the 11 million is the upfront cash deal and then there are a ton of extras.

For whatever reason I have found that most human managers do not like to include extra's and try to pay all the cash upfront.

well, yes they did. However, I dunno if there's a fee/match involved. I stopped bothering and got mexes for 45 instead. There's just so lil' choice when it comes to world class centre backs. That really blows. Not something i blame SI for, I just blame all football acedemies world wide. :D

EDIT: they got him for 15m.

How is it a bug. Its called supply and demand. Club a bids 11m. Club b comes in and the selling club are obviously thinking, hang on we could maybe get a bidding war going here, so it makes perfect sense for them to ask for more.

Looking at the thread again this is pretty much what arsenalboy has said also.

How is it a bug.

Sometimes it might be... I offer 4 mil for one player and the club rejects it saying they want 8 mil. Next day they accept a 3 mil offer from Real Madrid (no clauses). Funny. :rolleyes:

Only happened once in FM10 tho.

Ive seen worse happening in FM07 where I'd bid 9 mil for a player and they'd ask for 18 yet they'd accept some 7 mil bid from the AI. :D

About that supply and demand thing... Usually the AI accepts the offers as long as you offer the same value as other offers they accepted...

Archived