Opposition Instruction the cause of my downfall

I was managing Man Utd and had a very frustrating campaign. My team lost 5 games in the first half of the season to small bottom clubs. The football was at times so stuttering as though all the players were suffering from constipation.

Out of frustration, I decided not to use the OI as according to the ASS man feedback. Lo and behold, my team suddenly started to play beautiful attacking football and scoring goals for fun. My team was so good that they remained unbeaten for the second half of the season.

Guys who are struggling with the game using big teams out there, if you are using OI like me, maybe it is the cause of your team's poor performance. Try not to use OI and see if your team is playing better.

OI are a right load of crap, I don't bother with them or backroom advice or press conferences and only do post match team talks and get much better results.

It's just more examples of SI putting rubbish features in the game without bothering to address the basic problems such as ME, league bugs, long career game and transfer system issues.

OI are awesome, you really need them imo. However, the assistents are crap! I didn't find this out by trial and error, I actually SAW it happen. Show onto weaker foot is very dumb setting if players are even halfdecent with the weaker foot. They turn and turn and turn untill your defender is on the wrong side of the attacker, then the attacker can freely skip away and shoot. The closing down always settings can be important on some occasions of non symetric formations, the hard tackling is just common sense imo.

I think its a sweeping generalisation to say they are rubbish. Or to only believe what your assman tells you. His comments are advice, not the law.

It is obviously possible to get by without them but their presence adds depth that a lot of people, like me, really want and appreciate.

I think its a sweeping generalisation to say they are rubbish. Or to only believe what your assman tells you. His comments are advice, not the law.

It is obviously possible to get by without them but their presence adds depth that a lot of people, like me, really want and appreciate.

oh yeh, i forgot to mention that. Weaker foot DOES have a purpose. I was beaten by Gir bordeaux in Europa league, mostly because they scored 3 away goals. I was a lot better, but their crossing completition was around 40%. I just saw it too late to act. If you then let the wingers cut inside, they won't have as many byline crossing oppurtunities, making them pretty much useless. Without opp instruction, I would've lost too, but at least now I knew I had myself to blame. In the away match I was dominating again, and they created nothing, but my 1-0 was not enough to make up for the 3-2 home loss.

For me, I think unless I use a weaker team I will consider OI, but managing a top team I would rather focus on attacking the opponent and let them worry more about me. So far it works great for my top team, still unbeaten halfway into my 2nd season.

One thing I do notice, the touchline instruction is invaluable. A must use to adapt to the situational changes in the game.

Then why not set this up as option in preferences screen?

Why do they need to appear every time, if person doesn't want them?

Imo ive had the opposite happen

whenever i didnt use the oi's my team just sat back and forgot how to defend and I lost a lot

Ive always used them and they have worked for me

honestly you messed up when you listened to your assistant

Archived