Anyone survived a relegation battle without getting sacked?!

I have just been sacked. 14th in the table, 1 defeat in my previous 6, 10 points above safety and two draws in a row to Man City and Arsenal. Ok I then lose to Chelsea 3-0 but get sacked. I was quite looking forward to a bit of a relegation battle and hopefully getting through it.

Is it too easy to get the boot in FM? Ok I know IRL Managers get sacked but it's March and Brown, Grant, McCarthy, Zola they are all still there.

Has anyone had a poor season but survived all the way through or even survived after a relegation?

3rd Prem season with Southampton the board were expecting a respectable finish after we'd finished 8th the season before. We never really got started, had some poor results and ended up 13th on 40 points.

Thankfully the board stood by me the whole time and the following season we qualified for the Europa League after finishing 7th :D

I had a bit of an alex ferguson moment but it depends on the chairman i guess. I was in 13th after 15 games with everton (season2- finished 8th in season 1'). Had won 0 in 7 games. Had a bad result after media claimed I'd be sacked with another bad result and had a bad result. Also went out in 4th r of Lge cup when expected to get to 1/4f. Have managed to turn it around and am now 4th and in semi final of FA cup.

I still have a transfer budget of 6m and wage buget of 100k more which is surprising seen as I'm 6m in the red.

if you wanna manage a team which is relegation battle without being sacked, you must not choose ""international footballer"" past experience. you should choose fewer reputations. so they wont sack you easiliy

I put down Sunday League Footballer which I am!!!!!

Wage budget was fine and still had mnoney to spend in transfer kitty!

if you wanna manage a team which is relegation battle without being sacked, you must not choose ""international footballer"" past experience. you should choose fewer reputations. so they wont sack you easiliy

Is that true? Surely a manager with higher reputation would have a bigger chance to keep his job than an unkown manager?

Archived