Delete every player

What would happen if I deleted every single person in the game?

Would the game simply generate regen players and staff for every club and country? Has anyone tried this? Anyone tempted to?

If any of you have tried this; is it fun?

I'm not at home right now, so I can't test this for myself.

What would happen if I deleted every single person in the game?

Would the game simply generate regen players and staff for every club and country? Has anyone tried this? Anyone tempted to?

If any of you have tried this; is it fun?

I'm not at home right now, so I can't test this for myself.

Ive never even thought about doing that. Could make a fun game actually. :thup:

Ive never even thought about doing that. Could make a fun game actually. :thup:

I agree. In a way it makes the game more realistic, because there's literally no chance that I'll end up managing a team like Ajax in real life, but this would make the game take place in a sort of "alternate universe."

Does that even make sense?

If all players are deleted, teams only have their under 19 teams (i.e. one generation of new-gens aged <16).

It can take a while to delete all players but I do enjoy the opportunity the 'blank slate' it provides in-game. Although, to be playable you should holiday for 3 years at least so players can be registered for the league..

If all players are deleted, teams only have their under 19 teams (i.e. one generation of new-gens aged <16).

It can take a while to delete all players but I do enjoy the opportunity the 'blank slate' it provides in-game. Although, to be playable you should holiday for 3 years at least so players can be registered for the league..

Nah, you'll have full 1st and U18 teams, and one or two reserve team players as well. The 1st team will be of ranging ages.

I tried this once with Arsenal. I completely cleaned out the roster and what happened was the first team and youth team was filled with new regens (all poor quality). Now the problem with it all is that when it came down to Champions League registration, for some reason, even the youth regens didn't count as home-grown. So I had absolutely no home-grown players.

However, I saw that and didn't even bother progressing. I don't know what would happen from there.

It's actually pretty simple.

I'm really not familiar with the editor that much, but I just managed to delete 250,000 players in about 20 clicks. Took a few minutes processing time, but it is really easy.

I may continue deleting everyone and test the empty database. If it works and loads up in game OK, I'll happily upload it for anyone that wants it.

Okay. Managed to delete every 'person' in the game, which includes all board members, coaches, managers, players, officials, etc. from all around the world, but there are still 303 'retired persons' left in the database.

It is possible to remove these too, by changing them to officials/non players and then deleting them, but firstly this is time consuming and secondly, the editor just crashed on me when I tried to delete Bruce Grobbelaar.

So I think I'll leave these mysterious 303 people in. The worst that could happen is that they get a seat on a board somewhere and that shouldn't make any real difference. Gonna try starting a new game with the database and see what happens. If all is good, I'll upload somewhere...

Seems to be working OK.

The AI has generated a small squad for every club. most teams seem to have 12-15 first team players, a handful in the reserves and a full youth squad.

The quality of the players is shocking, though. Looking quickly through the premiership, there are almost no players valued at anything over £1m and many in each first team valued below £100k.

I started a game with just England, Spain, Italy and Germany and they all have similar squads.

One thing I notice is that there are only 'greys' in the international squads. Maybe this will change when it get to the time for picking squads for a tournament.

Would still be very interesting to see how things develop as time goes on.

I too have 303 people left in the database and im loading both England and Scotland from the bottom on a large database. I have unticked "Load real players" & the key staff also. Lets see what happens :)

*Edit*

The game crashes when I try to add a new manager.. :(

tried starting again ticking them both, still crashes, I dont know if it's gonna work for me

Would still be very interesting to see how things develop as time goes on.

I too have 303 people left in the database and im loading both England and Scotland from the bottom on a large database. I have unticked "Load real players" & the key staff also. Lets see what happens :)

*Edit*

The game crashes when I try to add a new manager.. :(

tried starting again ticking them both, still crashes, I dont know if it's gonna work for me

Try starting unemployed. Worked ok for me, but I too am getting crashes once the game is started. I have to go out for a while, but will try again when I get back. Hopefully holidaying will encourage the AI to solve some of the missing personnel.

I am getting to the screen where I have to type my manager details in, when I go to click add manager it crashes, so I am not getting the option to choose unemployed, but I am still able to look around using search at the top. The standards of players are actually shocking aha. Colchester and Middlesbrough have came out with great squads for some random reason lol. They both have alot of great 16 year olds!

I got around to doing it too, and had similar problems with crashing. One thing that I noticed is that the players who are selected for Spain have almost all 20's for their attributes, but basically every other player in the game is shockingly bad. It's really bizarre.

Can't blame the game though for not coping with what really makes no actual sense doing. :)

Yea I do agree, I just like experimenting with the editor & seeing what other ways there are to play the game. The possibilities are endless :D

Mine seems to be working OK at the moment.

Also have the same issue as mentioned above, the international squad players are amazing, but are all greys.

Am just holidaying it one month to see if there are any problems processing. It's absolutely whizzing along.

Holidayed one month and all is good. Almost all clubs have hired a regen manager, with only ten vacancies remaining. It's weird having all the managers being in their early thirties.

I think I'll run it on to the end of the season and see what happens.

Okay. Season finished and it seems to work fine.

Not surprisingly, although the players are all poor, the clubs are obviously trading on their reputations and this has resulted in a final table very similar to what we'd expect IRL...

2.jpg

I'm going to upload the database to somewhere, if anyone wants it. I can also upload my save if anyone wants that too. Let me know...

Here ya go.

Rapidshare link to database

This needs to be downloaded and moved to your My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data\ folder, then needs to be ticked in 'extra files' when you start new game.

...and here's my save as it stands, at the start of the 2011-2012 season, with England, Italy, Spain and Germany active.

Rapidshare link to Save file

That needs to go in your My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games\ folder.

Okay. Season finished and it seems to work fine.

Not surprisingly, although the players are all poor, the clubs are obviously trading on their reputations and this has resulted in a final table very similar to what we'd expect IRL...

2.jpg

I'm going to upload the database to somewhere, if anyone wants it. I can also upload my save if anyone wants that too. Let me know...

I have not seen a title race that close before.

What happened to Man Utd :(

Archived