World Class Keeper as Free Agent

Weirdly in my game, which is in the January Window of the 2014/2015 season, Igor Akinfvee has become a free agent after refusing to sign a new contract for CSKA Moscow.

Even more weird is that only Leverkusen have gone in for him, his reputation is Continental and he is the Russian Captain, he turned down the offer as he wanted a more important role in the team.

Never seen such a highly rated player go begging.

Almost tempted to offer him a contract my self, play him for half a season and then offer him off for a tidy profit before the next season.

same hapenned to me before , but with Gourcuff instead only teams intrested were like leverkusen and sevilla, i got him and sold him a year later. strange that better teams dont be intrested when world class players are available on a free

Snap him up! best keeper in the game

I already have a very settled Ochoa who has been my first choice for 3 seasons and a perfectly good regen back up, who has the advantage of being English and so fills my long term aim to be a totally English team to win the premiership.

I already have a very settled Ochoa who has been my first choice for 3 seasons and a perfectly good regen back up, who has the advantage of being English and so fills my long term aim to be a totally English team to win the premiership.

Ochoa? English? Since when?

Same here...

Quite absurd his contract expired and he hadn't signed for another club already...

More absurd he was on the Free Agents list for some months...

Totally absurd I managed to sign him for Rosenborg [@ 1.5M per year, but still not a club where a star keeper would want to play. EVER...]

P.S. did that happen on 10.3 too?!

It happened something like that in FM09.

I signed Hildebrand at his prime (29 years old) on a free after 6 months trying to persuade him to join Villa (okay not as good as Akinfeev - he signed a few years later for £35m - but he could be signed by any club).

He had a good last season with Valencia after finishing in 3rd in the league and wining the Uefa Cup and no one seemed interested in him.

Archived