Lower League English Game

Hi,

I'm interested in starting a game with a team from level 7 of the English football league pyramid (Unibond League Premier Division, Zamaretto League Premier Division, Ryman Football League Premier Division). I know this is possible using the editor, but I have no idea really how to start and what needs to be edited. I just wondered if anyone else had created such a game and if so, could you offer me some help please?

Hello danblade 1,

Ive done exactly what you want to do; I'm currently playing in the Southern Premier League as Hednesford Town.

This is what I did.

Fire up the editor.

When it opens up, go to the top left corner and click on the grey "File" button (not the green one).

Click on "Load Database" and then "OK" it.

Click on the grey button "Add Nation Rules" and a Wizard comes up.

On the right middle side of this wizard is a long grey button with no text on it, click this button, click on "Current Nations" and then click "England".

England should now appear on this grey button

Click on the 2nd of the two radio buttons under this grey button; the one stating "Add Lower Divisions and Cups to Existing Structure".

Click "Finish" and then on the left side of the editor screen you will see the English Regional Premier Divisions have been added.

Now, double click on the "English Regional Premier Divisions" and where it says "Type" (5th line down), click on the grey button alongside and change the status of these divisions from "Inactive" to "League".

You will need to change the "Number of Promotion Places" to 6 and

the "Number of Relegation Places" to 12.

This is to ensure correct promotion and relegation to and from the 3 regional divisions.

On the left hand side click on "Test Nation Rules".

You should get a message saying "the current nation rules are valid".

I've just tested it as I type.

Click "OK" and go back to the top left grey "File" button and click "Save Editor Data".

Give it a name (mine's called "Regional").

Then when you get the confirmation that it has been saved "OK" it and quit the editor.

Fire up FM2010.

Click on "New Game"

You will see that the confirmation message is telling you, that you are using the 10.3.0 Update database and that 1 out of 1 editor data files have been enabled; (this is the file you just made).

Click OK.

When you select England as your nation you may not see the Regional Premier Divs, in the Lowest Active Leagues depending on the spec of your machine.

Click on the drop down menu button and there they will be.

Select them and start game and you are now on your way to success.

Best of luck in your new career.

I find the lower leagues equally challenging as the higher leagues.

• 10 months later...

If I were you I would go to the editor hideaway forum and download Uncle Ron's to the 7th and 8th level. It's really good and realistic. A lot of people seem to be playing it with no real problems. The latest version allows you to download it with or without the county cups. First class work.

Erm....I've tried the custom database that allows lower English leagues and as much as I love the idea, I will probably never use it again. Thing is, it's a massive undertaking and it's just not possible to avoid errors when creating a custom database. Initially it's not a problem but as you progress through the seasons you will notice all the issues seem to pile up.

I played Uncle Ron's FM10 database too for around 20 or so seasons and had only a few very minor issues. Certainly nothing major.

Same here, many seasons w/Uncle Ron's on FM10 and its great, no piling up of issues, just a few minor niggles here and there.

Archived