Will I get sacked ?!

I recently experienced a takeover. It started in mid-august and finally completed in Feb-March. Meanwhile I've got tons of messages of 'Takeover hits the rocks' and 'Takeover talks continue' one after another. So yes, it is normal.

Oh, by the way, I wasn't sacked.

Normally with takeover's if they feel the need to replace you as one club tryed with me :( It will say in the news item that you could be replaced. In the end my job was safe and Marco Van Basten didnt get my job :)

Can anyone who has had a takeover tell me how long they generally take, I am playing SBs level 11 DB, and am Brackley 2nd season 2nd in the BSN, anyway in June I got the messages about rumours of a takeover, and then July I officially was "in the process of a takeover", it's now November and the status is unchanged, why is it taking so long?

And if I do lose my job I will be bloody furious!!!

Normally with takeover's if they feel the need to replace you as one club tryed with me :( It will say in the news item that you could be replaced.
Rubbish. There can be talk of you potentially being replaced even if you're totally undefeated. So long as you keep getting positive results, you should be safe. Like Vic Taylor said last week, there are always rumours.

I left Leyton Orient fairly recently to go to Swansea after numerous failed takeover attempts. Since I want to keep in touch with Orient I have subscribed to their news. The most recent item being that Simon Jordan could be set to take over (this is a nice feature tbh, rather than some made up bloke). If he does take over he want's to install Denis Smith as gaffer, replacing Mike Newell. I'd just like to know, as Mike Newell's had a bad start in League One - 1 draw, and 3 defeats - is there any chance that Newell could really be replaced so soon? I've never seen a takeover happen and the threat of replacing the manager happen. Would be nice if it did this time because I don't liek what Mike is doing to 'My' club!

It depends, I've had a takeover last just under two months (right through the January transfer window when I needed a replacement left winger, but that's another story) and be told the new board would want to bring in their own manager. As I was at Southampton and had taken them to a mid table Premiership position the new board didn't sack me and gave me a chance (can't remember how it was phrased in the news item), and as I won my two of my next three games and drew the other they kept me on. They don't always get rid of you if you're successful with the club.

Archived