Is it possible to score a goal quicker than 9 seconds ?

Am just about to begin my 1st match of the 1st season, and already a guy has scored a goal after just 9 seconds in a CL qualifying round. Will it be possible for anyone to ever best this mark ? or is 9 secs the absolute game minimum ?

This. You can score at any time really ;)

:D

Within logical limits of course. I'd imagine the quickesy way to score is straight from the kick off, but the ball is still going to take time to travel from half way to the net. Just counting ou YouTube shows David Beckham's half way line goal took 3 seconds to travel into the net from when the ball left his boot.

There is no in-game minimum, common sense would have answered that for you.

Well there must be an absolute minimum amount of time that it takes for the ball from a kickoff to hit the back of the net.

I once scored on CM4, from the kickoff circle itself, after a player began the game by tapping it to my player, who then hit it straight at the goal and it went in. Time was 6 seconds from the start of the match itself, as ball travelling time was also counted. Which is obviously the absolute minimum that was possible to be counted by the CM4 ME.

Likewise, there must be a minimum for the FM 2010 ME too, if you see what i mean.

Well there must be an absolute minimum amount of time that it takes for the ball from a kickoff to hit the back of the net.

I once scored on CM4, from the kickoff circle itself, after a player began the game by tapping it to my player, who then hit it straight at the goal and it went in. Time was 6 seconds, as ball travelling time was also counted. Which is obviously the absolute minimum that was possible to be counted by the CM4 ME.

Likewise, there must be a minimum for the FM 2010 ME too, if you see what i mean.

Your confusing the ME with real life. The ball will need time to travel in both instances. The minimum time for the ME doesn't exist, it's not like the ME goes "3 seconds played, he can't score". It works exactly the same as real life.

It's not that hard to grasp really....

Within logical limits of course. I'd imagine the quickesy way to score is straight from the kick off, but the ball is still going to take time to travel from half way to the net. Just counting ou YouTube shows David Beckham's half way line goal took 3 seconds to travel into the net from when the ball left his boot.

Yeah that is what i meant, nobody could score a goal in the first 5 secs probably.

Does anyone know if anyone has scored straight from the kickoff circle at the start of the match on FM2010, in effect like my example, with the 2nd touch of the game ?

and if so, what the counted time was given as ?

Those people who are comparing Beckhams Irl goal etc, it doesnt matter who you compare it to, its all down to the speed the ball travels at. Maybe Beckham didnt hit it that hard?

I dunno, 3 seconds to travel half the length of a pitch is pretty rapid, around 17/20 metres per second. To be fair, you don't see that many bullet shots from the half way line so the trajectory is always going to arc the ball upwards before the ball drop towards the goal.

Your confusing the ME with real life. The ball will need time to travel in both instances. The minimum time for the ME doesn't exist, it's not like the ME goes "3 seconds played, he can't score". It works exactly the same as real life.

It's not that hard to grasp really....

Actually, the ME doesn't work 'exactly the same as it does in real life'. I'm not one of these people who goes around criticising the ME or whatever but I think you'll find that there's not many companies on the planet who can make an ME for a game and have it 'exactly the same as real life'. I think you dont really understand the OP's point or you're just being critical of him for the sake of it. You can't exactly say "X happens in real life, therefore it will happen in the ME of Football Manager"

In real life, somebody scored a goal after 2 seconds (http://momento24.com/en/2009/11/10/the-fastest-goal-in-history/)

I don't think it would be possible to score after just 2 seconds in Football Manager

Actually, the ME doesn't work 'exactly the same as it does in real life'. I'm not one of these people who goes around criticising the ME or whatever but I think you'll find that there's not many companies on the planet who can make an ME for a game and have it 'exactly the same as real life'. I think you dont really understand the OP's point or you're just being critical of him for the sake of it. You can't exactly say "X happens in real life, therefore it will happen in the ME of Football Manager"

In real life, somebody scored a goal after 2 seconds (http://momento24.com/en/2009/11/10/the-fastest-goal-in-history/)

I don't think it would be possible to score after just 2 seconds in Football Manager

Correct.

Baker, you're wrong.

The ME is not coded for a goal to happen straight from kick off (as in a shot) so cannot replicate real life, hence there is a minimum limit that is a lot less that real life.

Last night, I had Torres intercept an opponent lay-off from the kick off, go on a quick run and had a shot saved. By the time I glanced at the clock, it was just moving onto 11 seconds, so might have been 8 or 9 seconds had it gone in.

You need to add the time for the ball to be laid off, as I'm pretty sure you can't shoot straight from kick off on FM (unlike real life).

Still 3 seconds though, maybe 4. But a lay off won't take long at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMB9P6dT02c

Hmm, not sure about 3 or 4 secs.

Like I said above, i DID score from kickoff with Anatoli Todorov on CM4 just after the guy who did the INITIAL tap off of the game tapped it to him and without ANY run he just belted it at the goal and it went in, time was measured at 6 secs by the time it crossed the goal line. Wish i still had a screenie of it :(

Not sure if FM 2010 has the same coding that allowed it on CM4. I only ever saw it happen that one time, and i played thousands and thousands of matches on CM4 over 5 years.

Hmm, not sure about 3 or 4 secs.

Like I said above, i DID score from kickoff with Anatoli Todorov on CM4 just after the guy who did the INITIAL tap off of the game tapped it to him and without ANY run he just belted it at the goal and it went in, time was measured at 6 secs by the time it crossed the goal line. Wish i still had a screenie of it :(

Not sure if FM 2010 has the same coding that allowed it on CM4. I only ever saw it happen that one time, and i played thousands and thousands of matches on CM4 over 5 years.

I was only going off counting seconds in my head from that YouTube clip. I have tried to find the FM09 records thread but looks like it has been deleted.

I went to watch Leicester play Newcastle recently at my local pub and got talking to a chap called Pat Kruse. He played in the Football League in the late sixties and seventies and holds the world record for the quickest own goal in the history of the game which he scored with a back header over his own keeper from a long pass played straight from the kick-off. The time? 6 seconds! He seemed quite proud of it aswell.

aparently the record at my Airdrie side is 0 seconds, although this was before I arrived, can't see me beating it

2na73i9.jpg

data error anyone ?

it must be. If you belted the ball as hard as you could from kick off it would still take 1 second

Archived