Help me make my biggest career decision!

Hey, I'm currently in the year 2013 (Jan 31st) an i've been with Notts County since

the start of the game my career goes something like this (I would provide pics but

i'm not entirely sure how to do it!)

- League 2: Auto promotion

- League 1: Auto promotion

- Championship: Mid table

- Championship: Mid table atm

I've spent tens of millions on the club and signed players such as Cameron Jerome, Vladimir Weiss, Sylivian Distin, Nathan Tyson, Jermaine Pennant (Who my chairman sold to Bristol City without my say on the matter for 6 million!)

Currently im milling arround 12th & 9th place and cant seem to push any higher, i enjoy playing with the club but recently the chairmans been selling my best players just because they've had silly money thrown at us! And its ****ed me off pretty bad as my Left & Right Midfielders (Pennant & Emannuel-Thomas) have now gone and i couldnt get anybody in before the end of the transfer window!

Well Bristol City have offered me the managers job I'm on 1,500 currently at notts county with a brilliant transfer fund each season (which i tend to blow on players pretty quickly) Bristol have offered me 8,000 a week!! and a 13 million transfer budget!

Do i take the job? City are currently sit bottom of the Premiership 9 points from safety.

Do i take the job?

PS: Some of Bristols players include Seb Hines, Jermaine Pennant!, Victor Moses and Matt Derbyshire

I would jump to Bristol. Your manager is always going to undermine your position by selling players, limiting your ability to progress up the leagues.

If you can save Bristol from the drop, not only will you have a great feeling of success, but a good platform to build a premiership side from.

OH! I forgot to add.. Bristol City finished 2nd in the Premiership in 2010/11 and 7th in 2011/12 ..

I've only just noticed this D: ! !

EDIT: I take this back -.- moment of stupidity from me there.. that was their highest position during those seasons not finishing positions :(

I'd go with Bristol, it is a step up. You can (hopefully!) save them and have a fresh start with a Premier League club.

Unless Forest are in the Premier League, you shold keep pushing with County and get above them.

Sadly Forest are in the Premier league.. Doing very well.

I want to take the challenge but as it stands in the champ atm i'm 3 points away

from the Play Offs in a very tight league! But i can Notts missing out on the playoffs

again and me missing out on a golden oppertunity

I have one rule when it comes to taking jobs. I'll happily take anything no matter what my rep, Premiership or Norwegian 2nd division, however I avoid any club in relegation trouble. Especially in this case when potential and favourites to go up again aside, the step up will probably only be temporary. I also stick with jobs that go well. I'd definitely stay.

I'd personally stay at County. You've done a good job with them so far, why stop 1 promotion short just because you've had a couple of less than perfect seasons? Especially jumping ship to them, when there's a good chance you'll have a relegation on your CV. You never know how the chairman will react if you do drop either - might even sack you!

On a side note though, if you keep using your transfer budget every single season then it's obvious you're not getting a completely settled team. This might have an impact as to why you're not performing as well as you'd hoped in the Championship? Just a thought. But let us know what you choose.

Archived