How do you roll back to 10.2

Patch 10.3 is a disaster, for me anyway. I 've lost 4 games in a row since I updated. I was on a 6 game win streak and now I just can't win no matter what.

Even in a game where I have 26 shots on goal and opposition has 3, I end up tied 1-1. Its just crazy, they really screwed it up

My question is how can I go back to 10.2? Even if I install from scratch, where could I get the 10.2 patch

delete the patch 10.3 in your FM folder in the documents

You also need to delete the game from its 'hidden' location too, otherwise it will 'remember' your past preferences etc.

I know that on Vista that location is C: Users/(your user name)/App data/roaming/sports interactive. but you need to enable 'show hidden files and folders' to see this folder.

delete the patch 10.3 in your FM folder in the documents

You cannot delete a patch after installation as it overwrites the game files with updated ones. The only way to roll back is to uninstall, reinstall and patch manaually to the required level.

Even if you reinstall from scratch and patch to 10.2 instead of 10.3, your saved game won't load as it's been saved with FM version 10.3. You'd need to start a new game from scratch OR if you have a save from before patching you could load that with 10.2

You also need to delete the game from its 'hidden' location too, otherwise it will 'remember' your past preferences etc.

I know that on Vista that location is C: Users/(your user name)/App data/roaming/sports interactive. but you need to enable 'show hidden files and folders' to see this folder.

Oh right thanks for that mate.:thup:

Take no notice, it can't be done as FrazT and myself mentioned earlier :thup:

I did it (deleted all the SI folders/files from comp (after moving my prior 10.2 save to a different location)), and am now playing with a save that was previously created with 10.2 on an install that i repatched to just 10.2 (the save in question wasn't used on 10.3 after i originally patched to 10.3, and is therefore a valid 10.2 save)

You can tell when you have successfully deleted the game from your comp correctly, because when you reinstall it again, it will ask you which language etc you want to use, and to tick that you abide by the terms/conditions etc.

If successful, just download patch 10.2, click on it, and it will update to 10.2

Then start the game so that the initial screen loads. This will now create a new SI folder in C:Users/(username)/Documents called Sports Interactive.

Quit the game, and now move your previously saved 10.2 save that you copied to a new location before deleting the game, to C:Users/(username)/documents/Sports Interactive/Football manager 2010/games, and bob becomes your uncle. He became mine :D

Archived