Ireland: The Ultimate Untapped Resource for Youth

I have found in FM10 - more so than in any other version - that Ireland has emerged as a breeding ground for young regen talents that eventually flood into the English Leagues. Bohemians in particular have contributed numerous high calibre premiership players in my own game.

Have people seen similiar experiences of young talent in Ireland, and do you seek to capitalise and buy them on the cheap?

Makes you wonder what they must put in the water across the sea...

Yeah I have noticed St. Pats producing some players who did well in the Premiership in a few seasons...but I don't think it's accurate really. I mean there has been some decent Irish players in the past but when the likes of Robbie, Dunne, Duff and Given retire we're relying on Scottish talent, McGeady and McCarthy

I wish the future looked as bright for us as it did in FM

I've noticed this aswell, which is why I have started loading the Irish league when starting a new game.

On my Arsenal save I bought a RB for about 500k who my scouts said will become better than Sagna and a LM who had about 3.5 stars potential for about 100k, both of which were from Bohemians I think. Happy days!

Ha, I'm sure the good times will roll around once again.

Yeah I always ship a scout out there to see what he can dig up. Let's just say its more than potatoes that's for sure!

What's your scouts stats because my scouts always bring potatoes back :confused:

Archived