Attribute Masking - Yes or No

Attribute masking - Yes or No  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Attribute masking - Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

I think it is a smart system and one of the features I really like how it works in FM. It just makes the game more realistic, makes scouting more meaningful and revealing att. especially for youngsters with prospect is very rewarding feeling in game.

Every time.

It can be improved further. Certain attributes should be revealed in a certain order. Stand out attributes should be shown first, eg 17-20s and 1-4s for example at the top level, perhaps 14-20 a level down, 12-20 even lower etc. Along with attributes relevant to the position. Also physical attributes should probably be first, then technical and finally mental.

Dave C posted about this years ago, would make more sense than the way they are randomly revealed at the moment. Should really be about how easy it is for a scout to spot attributes in a player.

I would like to see an approximation when a player is hardly known eg passing 17-20 and then being narrowed down. Or that an attribute you're given turns out to be wrong when you sign him...but that might cause complaints.

I've got it and I don't know if this has ever been mentioned but how about on the ratings if a player is not known then his ratings are all - which is what it is now but then if you ask for a match report the player's stats should all be known, maybe some would but others could say 5-15 for dribbling so you have to keep on scouting a player to get his attributes totally accurate.

For me this would improve the game

I would like to see an approximation when a player is hardly known eg passing 17-20 and then being narrowed down. Or that an attribute you're given turns out to be wrong when you sign him...but that might cause complaints.

Anything causes complaints, the ME being too realistic and game being too fantastic apparently is cause for complaint :rolleyes:

On topic, yes I do use attribute masking. I also like ac13's idea about having a 'range' for prospects. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Not every player lives up to their potential or manages to maintain the performance form their forst appearances, plus of course scouts can get things wrong.

Archived