My team is under achieving

So im 7 years into my game, and im in the Premier League, winning the FA cup and Championship the previous season.

I have tons of cash, since I didnt purchase any players for 7 years (I used free transfers and loans).

So I finally got to the Premier League as Plymouth. I decided to sign a few players, and spent about £155 million in 1 season to sign 7 top world class players, including Messi and Ronaldo (Both for £24 million each, as they were unhappy lol).

I have a squad that, on paper, is crazy, and I should be dominating the league. And yet, I have played 7 games in the Premier League, lost 2 to Stoke and some other crap team, drew 2 with Arsenal and Man Utd. I won only 3. So im sitting in 11th place at the moment.

In Europe, its even worse. Im in the Euro Cup, and to qualify I destroyed some Ukraninan team 9-1 or aggregate. I got Villareal, and some 2 other crap teams in my group. I played 4 games so far, drawing 3 and losing to Villareal. Luckily, the other teams are doing crap too, so Im sitting in 3rd place, with 3 points. The team above me have 4 points, and I have already played Villareal twice, so the next 2 games are VITAL MUST WIN games, in order for me to progress in the cup.

However, I have Gael Kakuta telling me that he thinks the club is underachieving. I have Messi telling the same thing. And I keep playing like CRAP. My 2 world class strikers arnt scoring any goals! Higuan, hasnt scored in 15 hours of football, and Benzema (both were free transfers lol, as Real Madrid was in dept!). Instead I play my backup strikers like Macheda, and Wellington Silva, who are playing much more.

The point is, my team is playing horribly, and the morale is low.

What can I do to start winning? I should be dominating the league!

It may be partly due to the players not gelling yet, also do you use any opposition instrcuctions? because i would recommend using them if you're not. Other than that all i can suggest is trying different team talks like telling your players you expect a performance or expect a win in the smaller games or just try changing your tactics around and try fresh approaches to matches.

I usually set Opposing Instructions by using my Assistant Manager (Who is Inzaghi lol, I signed him up for free when he was 37!). Ill try to play more fuller, and see what the teams come up with.

I probably wont get relegated, but I do want to win a few competitions!

I usually set Opposing Instructions by using my Assistant Manager (Who is Inzaghi lol, I signed him up for free when he was 37!). Ill try to play more fuller, and see what the teams come up with.

I probably wont get relegated, but I do want to win a few competitions!

Like other have said, just sit tight and wait for your team to gel. It can anything from a few monhts to a whole season or more for new players to get used to their new team mates and your tactics and start producing their best form.

Whatever you do, don't keep messing around with your tactics to try and get them to play better. You obviously have a good tactic as you have got Plymouth to the EPL so stick with it and it will come good.

From the patch release notes:

- Increased negative effect of lots of new players at once playing in a team

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, wait for all those new players to gel before starting to change a previously winning tactic setup.

From the patch release notes:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, wait for all those new players to gel before starting to change a previously winning tactic setup.

Thanks but im still on 10.2 :)

What does being on 10.2 have to do with anything? Players need time to gel and your team talks could lead to an improvement. There's info on this in the relevant forum. Also you cant just sign a bunch of "world class" players as the game may not recognise them as being "world class". Every team needs donkeys to carry the load. :)

Erm, I had this problem and I managed to solve it!

Even so I did not salvage the season but I had great next season.

1 Avoid signing more than 2 players for 1st team / 4 players in total.

2 Avoid selling more than 2 1st team players.

3 Avoid buying a player with different personality than the club average if he has influence 11+

4 If players have massively lost confidence in you, and all think you are underachieving, there must be a RAT in your team making them think like that. It is probably your captain or some other star player. Players personal screens give you clues about this. When you find him, release him on free, put him in reserves, sell him or anything, just get rid of him fast. Better loosing Kaka than being 10th with Real with Kaka... If you think he will just get more upset leave him in first team until you get opportunity to sell him. Try to raise his morale by praising / asking for signing advice / winning games.

I'm sure this will help.

I am not sure, but it might depend your teams reputation. I am playing with QPR, have a good squad, but can't get good results on a row. My theory even if you have World Class players like in your case; you need to increase your teams reputation as well. Opponents will play more defensively to M.Utd then your Plymouth even if you have better players. In couple years or maybe months; when you start getting 6-7 games won in a row, or finishing in a respectable League Position; then they start to play with less confidence against your team.

This is how it happens IRL. However I don't know for sure is the reputation affects like it in the game or not. This is just my theory. Let us know whether it changes in your second year in Premiership or not. Also as ROBZILLA said your players need time to get used to playing together.

Archived