Striker attributes

How important you think the accelaration is for a striker? I have a striker on my mind has these attributes:

Ola John Age 14

Dribling: 16

Finish: 17

F.Touch:16

Head :17

Tech: 16

Accelarion: 9

Pace: :13

What do you think of him?

It depends on his other stats, would really need to see a screenshot of all his attributes, because he may be suited to a targetman role, in which Pace & Acceleration wouldn't need to be anymore than what he currently has...

I suppose I need to use a fast creative companion with him then. Faster one will assist and Ola will score.

Considering his lack of pace I think he'll really struggle to find space. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Considering his lack of pace I think he'll really struggle to find space. Wouldn't recommend at all.

But his off the ball is good. Pace isn't really that important when finding space, its more of an intelligence thing, look at Teddy Sheringham/Dennis Bergkamp as prime examples of this, never really pacey, but their speed of thought and ability to read the game would create the space for them. A lot of people said that the yard of pace that they were missing, "was in their head"

I guess it would be wise to loan him out with an option to buy. So I'll have a fast creative companion. If they get together well; I'll sign him at the end.

you do realise he is 24, not 14!!!

His dribbling, finishing, heading, technique is attracting me. I am thinking if I can support him with 4-1-3-2 with 2 wingers; he can score for me. However up to now I have never used a striker with acceleration and pace lower than 14. For this reason I have doubts on him.

Yeah but you do realise he is 24 years old, not 14?

I do realize that's why I am thinking to loan him out with an option to buy. It is my second season in QPR. Actually I started from the second half of last season and this is my second season. My strongest striker Zozulya is very prone to injuries, Magia is playing both forward and inside left wing, 3rd striker Joao Lois(regen) is performing way below my expectetion and hasn't scored for a while. I bought a 19 year old Mexican regen with good attributes, but he has 1 or 2 years to become very well. So I am left with Magia and Joao Lois most of the time. I need Magia for inside left wing. My golie is Riou, defence and midfield is strong, but I am very weak in forward bec. of Zozulya being injured a lot. I am in 9th position and targeting at least7th position for Euro-Cup.

For these reasons I need someone who can score %50 the chances he get. Well as I said I am not very sure since this will be my first time to use a striker with so bad Accelaration. We'll see. Is it a bad idea to loan him with 925k EU for 12 months with option of 5 mil. EU to buy?

I think that's a sensible approach if you can get it. Mitigates your risk and 925k Euro should be affordable.

If it was me I'd gamble on him as he looks like a fox in the box type player that can finish chances.

Very good. Worth signing for any club.

Only weakness is his acceleration witch will deny him many poacher / counter goals

But still, if you play short passing slower tempo he should be lethal in final third of the pitch. He is not a target man cuz of 11 jumping and low balance. I'd rather go with advanced or complete, or even deep lying.

I dont think you can lose with that deal tbh, unless you can get him cheaper just by buying him outright - or a negative possibility is he may not get enough games at your club and won't want to sign. Plus if you bought him now his wages would be cheaper than next year i reckon if he is not established.

I am sorry to tell everybody, who contributed this thread, that I am not signing Ola at least for the season I am playing now. Fricking Twente has increased the option to buy price to 11.5 mil EU's. I don't feel like to loan or sign him with that amount. I also don't like to loan him without an option. If he becomes successful in my team, Twente will recieve a much bigger offer and make money out of my work.

If they accept a reasonable opt. to buy fee, I will loan him for the next season.

Archived