This save game cannot be loaded

So I was playing FM last night, saved my game (yes I didn't close it while it was saving)

I then quit game, I come back about 10 mins later and I see my PC has frozen, so I just hold the power button to shut it off.

I go to play FM this arvo and it comes up with "This save game cannot be loaded", the strange thing is its all my saves that say this (4 of them) not only the one I was playing last night.

This seems pretty odd, anything I can do to fix it?

It does seem pretty odd that all your saves are affected. Could be something to do with the game itself maybe?

If it doesn't take too long for you to do a clean reinstall maybe you can try that.

Yeah thats what I was thinking.

I'll copy my saves over, then try a reinstall and post up what happens here.

So frustrating sometimes :p

hi, i'm now having the same problem, all my games seem to freeze at 20-30% of the loading bar and then after like 5 minutes it will say 'This save game could not be loaded'. Strange thing is this never happened to me at all in the earlier patches but has happened with every save so far on 10.3. Its so frustrating because I can't get into the game anymore because I know its going to go corrupt or whatever when I next load.

Anybody know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Yeh i checked to see if my hardrive was fragmented and was fine and then ran error check and again found nothing, i really have no idea way its started doing this. Currently playing via steam download but might install it from my retail version tomorrow and see if that does anything, can't see how it would change things but will try it out and see what happens.

Do a full clean uninstall of FM, clear out the cache folder and start again. If that doesnt work, uninstall Steam as well and reinstall both fromm scratch.

This here worked for me. Basically i did exactly what you said but also deleted anything to do with both FM2010 and steam in the AppData Folder and in Program Files. Then I just did a clean install of both steam and FM2010 and everything has worked fine. Still can't load any of my earlier saves so they must now be corrupt :( , but atleast my new save works perfectly now!

Anyway hope this helps anyone else still suffering from this problem.

Archived