Sleeping giants of english football!!!!! Rise to the occasion!!!!

So guys was just wondering who youll thought are the sleeping giants of english football....i was kinda thinking of taking one of them in my new save:thup: ...back to the pinnacle of football and glory...let me know what ull think and which teams u think are the sleeping giants...thank you... I think Arsenal:D...well thats just my opinion...go ahead and state urs ;)

as a fan of none of these teams i would say from a neutral standpoint, nottingham forest, leeds or ipswich due to thier previous european performances

i dont believe any prem team can be classed as a sleeping giant tbh

I would consider premier clubs to be sleeping giants, because untill they are regularly challanging for honours or have recently won a competition then they are still asleep.

Which is why I couldn't include Everton (finshed in the top 7 for the last few seasons) so are regualrly challanging or Spurs (won League Cup recently)

But Wolves were a big force in football once being dubbed 'champions of the world' and also competed in the first UEFA Cup Final against Spurs.

Completely agree with CooCooKaJoo any club inside the premiership cant really be classed a sleeping giant as they are a giant that is up the bean stork and in the clouds shall we say but the three teams he said that have had a golden egg (european title) before but are still below the clouds!

afc wimbeldon and rotherham

Techinically, AFC Wimbledon are doing the best they've ever done, and if they continue to rise up the league(s), which it looks like they will, then they will be continuing that trend. And I'm not too sure about Rotherham:confused:.

Millwall.

The Lions.

;) I like the way you think.

The real sleeping giants would most probably have to be teams such as Bradford, Forest in a way, Norwich City, Southampton, and my personal favourite, Huddersfield Town - a team that's won an F.A Cup back in the thirties and 3 league championships, but hardly anything since.

Oh, and the infamous Leeds United... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8038226.stm ;)

Cardiff City? Jack are you being serious?

Newport County, now there's are real sleeping giant. Reached the hights of the 2nd tier of English football back in the late 30's only to see their side torn apart by World War 2. Went out of buisness in the late 80's and reformed. Now looking at promotion to the Blue Square Premier with the long term aim of returning to the Football League.

Newcastle, Charlton, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, Norwich, Southhampton, Leeds, Milwall, Notts County, Chester City, Luton Town, Oxford, York, AFC Wimbledon, Campbrdige.

These are the ones I would recommend:

Coventry, Leeds, Norwich, Southhampton, Milwall, Notts County, Luton Town, AFC Wimbledon.

And a special mention to Chester City, who were just dissolved. :( :( :( :(

Its because AFC Wimboldon (and not MK dons) are the closest thing to Wimboldon who were in the prem durign the late 1990s

I know that, but AFC Wimbledon have nothing to do with what Wimbledon achieved. They've never been giants. They're just a small club that have been given a massive boost by having a much bigger fan base then most clubs at their level due to the death of Wimbledon.

Archived