Polish Brazilian Regens

So lately I have been calling up Polish Brazilians to the national squad, and I have noticed that while doing a player search, there are plenty of Argentinin-Polish regens, but no Brazilian-Polish Regens, despite being many more Poles living in Brazil. (4 Million Brazilians claim Polish ancestry)

And my IRL justification of this, is that we are planning on calling up a Polish-Brazilian to our national team. (Thiago Rangel Cionek)

So for the next version, I would like this to be corrected.

edit: Somenthing came to my mind, Maybe the Regens haven't started appearing in Brazil yet? If so than this thread is a fail. :D

I believe Brazilian regen appear around about the begining of January.

I didnt realise so many brazilians claimed polish ancestry. So maybe it is one of those things that is not generally well known and thus why Si haven't implemented it.

I am in early March. >.< I checked and there are regens in the game (including one I randomly found labled the new "Ronaldo" :D)

Yes, probably it was oversighted by SI, but all the Polish people in Brazil live in Parana and Santa Catarina state, so I think it would be a good idea to make those clubs (Juventude, Paranaense, Parana Clube, Figueirense, Avai are the ones I remember) have around 1/6(or 1/8?) of their regens with Polish nationality and Polish last names, and some other clubs scattered around Brazil having the odd Polish-Brazilian regen every few years.

I guess if there are a few Brazilians IRL that cliam Polish as a 2nd nationality then Si should probably implement it. I guess one of the reason they dont is maybe if they change it it will affect the majority of brazilian regens and give most of them Polish 2nd nationality, rather than just the few that should actually have it.

Still, there are French, Portuguese, German, Italian etc. Regens from Brazil, and I see no reason why there can't be Polish-Brazilian Regens! Espiecially when there are Argentinin-Polish Regens! It's not like I am asking for Armenian-Brazlilian regens. :p

Also since there are 2 good Polish-Brazilians we are planning on calling up to Poland's National Team, Thiago Rangel Cionek and Fabinho Precheski.

Still, there are French, Portuguese, German, Italian etc. Regens from Brazil, and I see no reason why there can't be Polish-Brazilian Regens! Espiecially when there are Argentinin-Polish Regens! It's not like I am asking for Armenian-Brazlilian regens. :p

Also since there are 2 good Polish-Brazilians we are planning on calling up to Poland's National Team, Thiago Rangel Cionek and Fabinho Precheski.

So can I ask for Armenian-Brazlilian regens or Kazakhstan-Brazlilian, Uzbekistan-Brazlilian regens etc? There must be a chance of some so why can't they all be in the game? where do we draw the line?

When there are 4 million Armenian/Kazakhstani/Uzbekistani-Brazilians they can be included in the game.

Who is counting? There are a lot of Armenian/Kazakhstani/Uzbekistani-Brazilians around and they are probably quite ****ed off that your arbitrary number is not allowing them a chance to generate a newgen.

as a brazilian, i dont know why, but i laughed at this thread.

BTW, I also didnt know so many brazilians claim polish ancestry. Most of them probably live in the south region, I'd guess.

I've never heard of an "Uzbekistan-Brazlilian", but i'm sure they do exist.

there is a joke that says that the brazilian passport is the most expensive in the black market because no matter what is the color of your, skin, hair or eyes you could be brazilian.

as a brazilian, i dont know why, but i laughed at this thread.

BTW, I also didnt know so many brazilians claim polish ancestry. Most of them probably live in the south region, I'd guess.

I've never heard of an "Uzbekistan-Brazlilian", but i'm sure they do exist.

there is a joke that says that the brazilian passport is the most expensive in the black market because no matter what is the color of your, skin, hair or eyes you could be brazilian.

Because they live exclusively in the states of Parana, Santa Catarina and northern Rio Grande do Sul.

As for the bold, LOL. :D

There aren't that many Brazilian players of Polish descent (compared to other descents like Italian, Portuguese or Spanish) but there are still a few notable ones like Filipe (Deportivo, ex-Figueirense), Juninho (ex-Botafogo) and Marcão (ex-Palmeiras and Internacional), so I'll ask SI to make the game include some Brazilian/Polish newgens. :thup:

There aren't that many famous players obviously, Polish-Brazilians make around like 2% of Brazil's population. :p

But I think it is significint enough when Poland is thinking of calling up Polish-Brazilians. !

Thanks thoughicon14.gif, I assume this will be for FM'11 though, right?

There aren't that many famous players obviously, Polish-Brazilians make around like 2% of Brazil's population. :p

But I think it is significint enough when Poland is thinking of calling up Polish-Brazilians. !

Thanks thoughicon14.gif, I assume this will be for FM'11 though, right?

Yes, if it's coded (and I suppose it will be, but that's not directly under my control, I can only request it to be included), then yes, FM2011.

Its probably based on how many of them are currently footballers on the current db. Although how many of them actually have Polish citizenship? Some might be their great grandparents or grandparents. So I don't think they might or might not have Polish citizenship.

Q: My grandparents immigrated to the US in the 1920s’, 1930’s. Am I entitled to Polish passport?

A: In order to determine your eligibility, you need to submit an Application for Confirmation of Possession or Loss of Polish Citizenship to the nearest Polish Consulate.

The same probably goes for Brazil.

For example Italian: Your paternal or maternal grandfather was born in a country other than Italy, your paternal great grandfather was officially recognized as an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, neither you nor your father nor your grandfather ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship.

Even though there are a millions of Brazilians Poles I would say it depends on when the wave of immigration was. Italians have been more recently to Brazil so the probably of having citizenship is higher.

The way it works in the game is far more lenient to newgens to the real players in real life. Ideally there should be some fields or something to fill up the players descent in the db, so the player would have say Polish descent, but not necessarily acquire Polish second nationality.

First SI would have to improve the Regen system and add player ancestry to regens. Right now, if they have Italian as their ancestry, then the regens get Italian passports.

IIRC, yes, if your grandparents are Polish for example, you are entitled to "claim" it and get a Polish Passport yourself, and it would not surprise me if some Polish/Italian/Whatever-Brazilian football players "claim" their ancestry just to have EU citizenship and be able to cross into the Schengen area with no problems, which would come useful for footballers being transfered around Europe.

Archived