Poor Portsmouth (Is this a sign of whats to come?)

I am in season 3 with Oldham Athletic, I'm in my 2nd season in the championship, just came up im playing Portsmouth in the league and im 4/7 favourites, so i checked there team out, its not even half as good as mine :eek: Think the debts hit them hard.

They also lie in 16 place after 11 games and are still classed as Insecure

champlgtable.jpg

Comfortably relegated in the first season on mine but got taken over so avoided administration. Now mid-table in the Championship but really pushing above their weight.

Amazed that Boateng is still at the club on your screenshot.

• 1 month later...

How unrealistic is this! On my newcastle season, in my first season, pompey finished fourth in the Premiership...and that was also with going into administration. Can someone tell me if their youth players are absolutely awesome in real life? Cos they had to sell like everyone that could make some money and they still got a Champions League spot! I went to look at their results...win away at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd! I love this game but that is totally unrealistic!

How unrealistic is this! On my newcastle season, in my first season, pompey finished fourth in the Premiership...and that was also with going into administration. Can someone tell me if their youth players are absolutely awesome in real life? Cos they had to sell like everyone that could make some money and they still got a Champions League spot! I went to look at their results...win away at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd! I love this game but that is totally unrealistic!

Deserves a thread of its own, with pictures!

I'm in my 5th or 6th season and Portsmouth are now in League 1. The funny thing is in January of season 1 they rejected a £10m bid for Nadir Belhadj, at the end of the season they sold him to me (after offering him at £15m where no one was interested) for £2.5m with only £1m upfront.

Odds are a player will do far better than the AI there, because they would see the debts to come and react to them, such as not rejecting a bid of that nature.

They finished 9th first season in my game and spent £9million on players, they have finished 19th though in second season and have offered practically the entire squad for transfer.

Sounds like West Ham IRL. :(

• 2 months later...

Занимательные подробности городской жизни Сочи, реальное положение дел в Сочи, правда о строительстве всевозможных олимпийских объектов, не только хвалебные отзывы о подготовке к Олимпийскому проекту и престиже курортов Сочи, Адлера, Красной Поляны. Наш сайт: Олимпиада в Сочи 2014.

2017 on my game, they are in League 1 and have just gone into administration for a 4th time and lost another 10 points, could be on their way to League 2, remarkably they still have Kevin Prince Boateng on the books on 35K/week

Just finished the 2018/2019 season and Portsmouth have just been relegated from the Championship finishing bottom of the league. They had a 10 point deduction as well, and without that they would have still finished bottom :D

I've just looked on their information screen, what does "Bankrupt (in receivership)" mean?

In my save, they got relegated in the first season, but promoted in their first season in the Championship. After a 2-1 win with my Hull over Portsmouth, Man U got an 8-0 win (7 of them came from Rooney). I wanted to see what happened: Their only goalkeeper, Antii Niemi, retired, and had to use a grey one. They ended their last season in the Premiership with more than 130 goals conceded

I still have Richard Hughes and I signed Sean Morrison on my pompey save, the former still plays a significant part and the latter is going to be a top-class center back in the years to come.

Pompy are surviving in the EPL just on my game at the moment.

2009/2010 - Finished 17th 1 point ahead of 18th

2010/2011 - Finished 17th 8 points ahead of 18th

2011/2012 - Finished 16th 1 point ahead of 17th/18th/19th (all finished on 38 points)

2012/2013 - Currently 5 games in and they are 20th on -6 points, they have had 9 points deducted.

So Pompy are fighting for survival each year on my game and just escaping relegation. How on earth they survived the 1st season though I do not know, their squad looks very similar to RL but as it is aging I imagine Pompy will start to die out.

I'm on 2013-2014 season on my game and although its early in the season, they are a mid table team in the coca cola 1. They are left with about 8 regular first team players, 4 loaners, and the rest grey regens. At least now they have no debts.

As long as they don't get too many injuries, they might avoid being relegated to league 2.

Archived