rival nations

In the overview section on the nationalties screen it lists the rival nations of countries. Is this information correct or genarated as the game develops? For example in my current game it list scotland on Canada's rival nations. I cant think of a reason for this?

They are put in by the researchers. In a recent thread about Australia having gazillions, the researcher admitted he'd gone a bit over the top. Some are historical rather than footballing rivalries; Canada was populated by a lot of Scots who were 'cleared' out of their homes to make way for sheep in the 18th/19th century. A very high proportion of Scots emigres went to Canada and New Zealand.

Ideally only rivalries that have impact on football should be included. For example, lots of Brazilians dislike the USA and blame the USA for some issues here (like the Military Coup in 1964), but that has no impact in football, so it's not a proper rivalry.

Ideally only rivalries that have impact on football should be included. For example, lots of Brazilians dislike the USA and blame the USA for some issues here (like the Military Coup in 1964), but that has no impact in football, so it's not a proper rivalry.

That's a very interesting post. I wasn't aware of the military coup of 1964 but thanks to your post I read up on it and now I am more informed about it. Thank you.

Archived