Is there an advantage in having more than one ass man?

Normally, if you poach someone to be an ass man when you already have one, the board will overide you and say the club does not need another one.

However, if you have a staff member that is currently a Coach/Scout/Physio, you could offer this person a new contract as an ass man - i.e. have your current ass man and this person together. The board wont overide this (possible bug?!).

The point made above could be useful if a coach/scout/physio was aproached by some big club to be an ass man (or worse full manager)

OR a poached staff with high attributes would would only accept an ass man contract.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to this?

Thanks in advance for your highly thought out, practical, and well educated response ofcourse. :thup:

I've noticed this in previous versions of the game. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I exploited the loophole to overcome the maximum limit of coaches set by the board, e.g. looking for coaches for each training type and appointing ones who had higher assistant manager preference and then promptly offering them assistant terms and looking for more coaches. The problem then lies in being stuck with loads of assistants...

I hired two ass. mans without difficulty with Bromley when I was playing in the BSP to get around the max. amount of coaches. I haven't noticed any advantages in the 4 seasons I had them. Neither was promoted from a coach position.

I just let both of them go because they aren't good enough for the Championship, and now the board only allows one ass. man (not that I 'need' a second ass. man as I can have enough coaches now, but I tried anyhow).

I've noticed this in previous versions of the game. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I exploited the loophole to overcome the maximum limit of coaches set by the board, e.g. looking for coaches for each training type and appointing ones who had higher assistant manager preference and then promptly offering them assistant terms and looking for more coaches. The problem then lies in being stuck with loads of assistants...

Exactly...

And it is VERY annoying to be given a limit on staff; I would prefer to be given a total wage budget on staff that can be edited just like player wages.

imagine being told you cant have more than 5 hot prospects, or 2 key players or 40 players in total!!!!

It's pointless to have more than one unless you are trying to exploit the coaches limit. When I tried to sign another ass man they said NO because I aleady had one, and the same thing when I offered a coach a job as ass man, so it sounds like a bug anyway. You shouldn't be allowed to get another.

It does sound like a bug tbh. I wonder if any team in the world right now has more than one assistant manager.

Don't know if it's still the case IRL, but i started a game with Bahia recently and they have 2 assistant managers. Apart from using them as an extra coach, as others have said, there isn't much to gain from it as far as I can see. I would probably terminate one of their contracts if I had the money to do so :rolleyes:

In addition to that, they also have about 20 coaches, 10 physios and 10 scouts.

I wonder why the team is so close to being bankrupt...

In Europe I hear it's fairly common to have more than one assistant. I think in game terms there would be no benefits from having more than one.

yes chelsea have in the past there are many more examples

agree with quote though

Archived