big clubs dont pick up talents at lower league clubs

i wanted to test when a big club would pick up a wonderkid at a ll-club. so i became manager at sollihull moors, and using FMRTE i created a 17-year old wonderkid.

after 1 season the wonderkid scored 43 goals, but only clubs as bohemians and millwall were interested. i refused the offers, because maybe next season offers from big clubs could come. not 1 big club was interested, even after offering the player to them.

in the end, i sold him for 600.000 euro's to millwall and deleted the game.

but how is it possible that the big clubs wont even look for talents at the lower-league clubs? a lot of big players start at ll-clubs... and im my game, a player at sollihull moors had a PA of 153, and a CA of 47. he was 29 years old. he could be a great player, if he was trained properly...

Don't know if you've done something wrong here, but it does happen.

I did exactly the same thing with Fisher Athletic this year, putting a wonderkid into their team. Clubs like Man Utd/Arsenal/Real Madrid/Barca were interested within the 1st season.

don't think i did, gave him great stats for his position (striker). played him every game, and even offered him for free. could not think of something i did wrong.

and p.s. i'm in the year 2023 and man.utd isnt a big club anymore (championship)

I gave him good stats all-round, and did it in the opening year of the game.

It's common knowledge that international managers won't pick players in the game if they aren't playing at a certain level, but I had sucess with this experiment on FM09 as well.

but how is it possible that the big clubs wont even look for talents at the lower-league clubs? a lot of big players start at ll-clubs... and im my game, a player at sollihull moors had a PA of 153, and a CA of 47. he was 29 years old. he could be a great player, if he was trained properly...

He would never be a great player.

At 29yo he will only make limited progression and even if he went to a big club I would be surprised if his CA ever went above 80.

yes of course, but what i was meaning was what if the player would be picked up at age 17? he played at sollihull moors his entire carreer, and that why he became bad. but if he was picked up by a big club, he would receive better training, guidance etc. but he did not get picked up by big clubs, and thats why he's bad.

so if the big clubs would scout more properly, his talents wouldnt be wasted. i'm guessing that because of the coding in the game the big clubs arent even looking at ll-clubs.

yes of course, but what i was meaning was what if the player would be picked up at age 17? he played at sollihull moors his entire carreer, and that why he became bad. but if he was picked up by a big club, he would receive better training, guidance etc. but he did not get picked up by big clubs, and thats why he's bad.

so if the big clubs would scout more properly, his talents wouldnt be wasted. i'm guessing that because of the coding in the game the big clubs arent even looking at ll-clubs.

Have you chosen to just ignore all of my posts?

Archived