Who's the worst team you've lost to?

I remember losing to nottingham forest in the FA Cup a couple years back as newcastle....at home :(

This morning I almost lost to uzbekistan....shouldve blown them away....

So who are the worst team you've ever lost to?

I remember losing to nottingham forest in the FA Cup a couple years back as newcastle....at home :(

This morning I almost lost to uzbekistan....shouldve blown them away....

So who are the worst team you've ever lost to?

Your first example also happened IRL.

Damn Ian Woan :mad:

On a 15 win streak as Arsenal, I come up against Portsmouth at the Emirates, bottom of the league with 0 wins...

Scored 2 goals all season (Only 15 games in like but hey), conceding 43.

All players motivated, high 90 fitness.

Lost 2-0 ¬_¬.

First season too, with the 9.3 patch, Was gutted =[

I was recently playing in the Swiss top league with a team i took all the way to the top and procedeed to lose a 1st round cup game against a non league side with absolutely no real players in the team. to be fair i had decide to use my youth players mainly but they should still have trounced the other team.

In FM10 my worst result with Juve is 0-1 loss at home against Cagliari who was in 18th position in my 9th season , and the worst thing is I deserved it.

2 of the teams I've lost to half way point of 2nd season with everton are in the relegation zone, burnley and sheff utd. So i guess I'd say shef utd.

Had Lincoln hit the bar twice against me in lge cup 3r when at 0-0 and ended up 1-0 so couldda easily been them.

Losing to Dunfermline in the cup on penalties when I was Rangers. They were 2-0 up with 10 mins left, and i pulled it back to 2-2. Ended up losing 4-2 on pens. Also ended up trophy-less that season! BAD TIMES!

As the Ivory Coast manager, I took my side to play in Bangui (look it up) for a qualifier against the Central African Republic, for which we were probably 20-1 or 30-1 favourites, yet they won.

If I remember rightly, a Wrexham side I had in League One lost 3-0 to Northwich Victoria in the FA Cup a few FMs back, that was pretty awful too.

• 1 month later...

Worst defeat ever as club manager was with Newcastle.

FA Cup Quarter final on FM10.3. 8 seasons in, quality squad...end up at home to Havant and Waterlooville (yes remember them Liverpool fans). If you would like to know how they managed to make the Q finals they were very very very lucky with their draws. Highest opposition they had to face always was league 2...until they came to St James's. I decided I would field my strongest team...give Havant an experience, they are part timers in a 52,000 capacity stadium, let them enjoy it...they sure did enjoy it. 1-0 up after 8 mins, I chopped and changed formations, pure attacking formation, the lot! finally the breakthrough came on 78 mins, veteran Steven Taylor with a bullet header!!! Only Havant went and scored immediately after, what's that saying "your most vulnerable when you've just scored". We pressed and pressed, and then........BANG!!! Off the underside of the bar from a cracking effort from Andy Carroll, and then off they went 3 against poor old Stevie Taylor, running rings around him and passing it past the keeper for 3-1. The biggest upset in FA Cup history by far! If it was covered by Sky they would've kept it in their archives for years, I could see the headlines the next morning

"Spreng admits defeat with Toon Army after clubs worst result in History"

An urgent board meeting was announced on the news inbox about my future...you can guess what's coming next, sacked after 8 years in charge. As a newcastle fan too I was devastated about the result. Completely understood, and accepted that I could not continue.

Honestly I now cannot get a top flight job and it has something to do with my tarnished reputation.

To this day, I have never lived it down!

This game takes over your life!!!

Most of my defeats over the years come against so called weaker teams. Especially if I am odds on favorite to win. This also normally happens when I have been top of the league all season only to loose or draw the last couple of games to lower teams and throw it all away!

FA Cup Quarter final on FM10.3. 8 seasons in, quality squad...end up at home to Havant and Waterlooville (yes remember them Liverpool fans). If you would like to know how they managed to make the Q finals they were very very very lucky with their draws. Highest opposition they had to face always was league 2...until they came to St James's. I decided I would field my strongest team...give Havant an experience, they are part timers in a 52,000 capacity stadium, let them enjoy it...they sure did enjoy it. 1-0 up after 8 mins, I chopped and changed formations, pure attacking formation, the lot! finally the breakthrough came on 78 mins, veteran Steven Taylor with a bullet header!!! Only Havant went and scored immediately after, what's that saying "your most vulnerable when you've just scored". We pressed and pressed, and then........BANG!!! Off the underside of the bar from a cracking effort from Andy Carroll, and then off they went 3 against poor old Stevie Taylor, running rings around him and passing it past the keeper for 3-1. The biggest upset in FA Cup history by far! If it was covered by Sky they would've kept it in their archives for years, I could see the headlines the next morning

An urgent board meeting was announced on the news inbox about my future...you can guess what's coming next, sacked after 8 years in charge. As a newcastle fan too I was devastated about the result. Completely understood, and accepted that I could not continue.

Honestly I now cannot get a top flight job and it has something to do with my tarnished reputation.

That is absolutely epic. Not just a horrible defeat, but sacked for it. Going to take some topping and I'm not even going to try (I've thought about it and can only assume my mind is protectively suppressing memories of the awful defeats because there have certainly been a few over the years).

How far did Havant get in the end? Did they win the cup?

I was playing Eintracht Braunschweig in German 3. liga, was leading it having gotten 30 points from 13 games, and was facing Werder Bremen II, which had 1 point and had scored 2 goals.

I rotated the squad somewhat, dominated still the game, winning shots on goal 8-3, but crashed to a 1-2(0-0) -defeat, Werder Bremen II scoring from a penalty and an 88th minute longshot. My season nosedived after that. Werder Bremen II eventually ended the season with 12 points from 38 games.

On my current save, I lost to Israel with my England team. The all conquering England team that hasn't lost a game since in the following 4 years.

With my Liverpool team, if I'm talking my last full season, it's Man U. I lost to Everton aswell, but they're currently a better team than Man U in 2026.

Lose? What is this you speak of...

That word isn't in my vocabulary ;)

You obviously don’t watch the rugby or the cricket Ty. :)

And I lost against Leeds in my first season, in the pre-season. Don’t really see upsets too often.

I (Argentina) lost to Northern Ireland 2-0 in the world cup group stage

Oh God, you just made me have flashbacks to a World Cup campaign with England some time ago (I think it was FM08, might have been earlier). Dominated qualifying, scoring tons, barely conceding, GD through the roof. Handed a group stage draw that started with Saudi Arabia and didn't get much better, made the mistake of joking to a friend about how I was going to set records for goals. I can only assume the squad went on a 14 day bender after we arrived at the tournament because first game it all fell apart - couldn't hit a barn door, defence had simultaneous panic attacks and we lost something like 2-0 after dominating possession and chances. I forget exactly what happened next, but against extremely mediocre teams I think we managed a draw in game 2 and then, needing a win in game 3, failed to show up resulting in another draw. I resigned immediately.

Archived