What gives you a bigger buzz..?

What gives you the bigger buzz..?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What gives you the bigger buzz..?

• Chasing promotion
    • Fighting relegation
    • Neither

right now being a life long Leeds fan the thrill of getting back to the Premier is my thrill. It's a long road. Almost done with my first season at Leeds with 10.3 (just wanted to start new with the new patch) and the thrill of staying in the #2 spot with #3 just 2 points behind me with 3 games left is heart stopping. Top class fun!

I thnk the option you choose depends on the current situation of your team. It's rather impossible to give single vote on either promotion or relegation. I would personally choose "both" option.

I've always played CM/FM the old Premier Manager style: sit behind the wheel of a bottom anchored club and drive it to the top. I remember playing PM 3 with Dover Athletic and my struggles in the Conference League. My lack of experiance, basic English and hardly any knowledge about team management made it impossible then to take the club above 2nd or 3rd Leaue. Since then there were: Barnet, Halifax Town, Exeter City, Blyth Spartans and some others i don't remember anymore. This time I picked Stevenage Borough and will fight im my 7th season for Premier League promotion (was 8th last season and 18th the season before). So I can tell you: you can take pride in managing to survive one season and then boost your team for a chance of promotion the following. Which i hope to be experiancing this season.

Probably promotion. Depending on how close to the line I am, and which side, relegation battles are either underwhelming (if I have a bit of a comfort zone) or depressing (if I'm in the relegation zone and not looking like climbing out any time soon). Though there are occasional flashes of hope when you get an important win and relief if you manage to survive.

Probably promotion. Depending on how close to the line I am, and which side, relegation battles are either underwhelming (if I have a bit of a comfort zone) or depressing (if I'm in the relegation zone and not looking like climbing out any time soon). Though there are occasional flashes of hope when you get an important win and relief if you manage to survive.

just got my first win in 11 games and it took me up one place to 19th:thup:

Fighting relegation because you get such a thrill of beating the drop on the last day. Also, its more intense because its succedd or totally fail and could cost you your job

Yeah i know what you mean mate, i am second bottom after 15 games and the fans are calling for my head, lol:D

Chasing promotion for me.

The best season I ever had on FM was a promotion season. I got into the playoffs comfortably and was fighting for the second promotion spot right up until the last game. Comfortably won the playoff semi-final, raced into a two goal lead in the final, but conceded with ten minutes to go. That last ten minutes was fantastic - full of corners, goal mouth scrambles, hurried clearances, narrow escapes (they hit the post twice) and huge relief at the final whistle.

I've never had a relegation fight that close - I've generally managed to stay out of any real trouble. I ran my current game on a year so I could start rebuilding Pompey after relegation.

I have only ever once had a relegation battle, when I got offered the job and took over an Aston Villa side that where in the bottom three with 6 matches to go. It was a good feeling to save them, but it is my only experience in all my seasons and all the FM versions. The season afterwards they were challenging for Europe under me.

I find that I can usually get even poor teams to over achieve and get at least a safe mid table position (sorry if that sounds like blowing my own trumpet).

So I will have to say chasing promotion is far more fun, as it is what I do best.

Archived