mid week FA cup semi-final

So you'd prefer one of the teams to have to play on the Saturday after the European game on the Thursday?

The other finalists may already have commitments and you can't move the game to the week after

Anyway Ian Watmore, the FA Chief Exec Ian Watmore wants to move the FA Cup to midweek anyway

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=reu-englandcup&prov=reuters&type=lgns

I think there are very few "big" clubs who care about the FA cup nowadays, which is a shame as I used to love cup final day, a whole afternoon of build up and the match and post game analysis.

I suppose the fewer "big" clubs that want to win the cup the more chance Donny have.

Back on topic I don't see the problem with why the match was moved, just with the scheduling of the competitions.

I saw this originally on the BBC footy website a week or so ago:

"The FA Cup could become primarily a midweek competition, with Football Association chief executive Ian Watmore admitting something needs to be done to make the competition "more relevant".

Watmore is keen to retain the third round as an "iconic" weekend event but would not rule out moving other rounds of the competition - including the final itself."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1253864/FA-Cup-switch-midweek-matches-bid-add-touch-glamour.html

European games cause the fixture congestion, if European qualification was changed, interest in the FA cup and Carling cup would increase.

Champions league qualifier should be 1st placed team only, its the CHAMPIONS league, not the fourth place upwards league, then you would have 2nd and 3rd qualify for the Uefa cup plus the Carling Cup and Fa Cup winners, making both competitions more important, just a thought.

As a result of the fixture congestion the final is being held on sat 1st june! luckily is 2019 so no Euro or World Cup.

and for some reason there is a four associations tournament which means my best striker who has been out 8 weeks will still miss the final.....

As a result of the fixture congestion the final is being held on sat 1st june! luckily is 2019 so no Euro or World Cup.

and for some reason there is a four associations tournament which means my best striker who has been out 8 weeks will still miss the final.....

It irritates me when they move the Community Shield in 2012 to after the start of the season becasue it clashes with the Olympic Final

Why the game doesn't just programme a venue change to Millenium or Old Trafford, would be much easier

Archived