Arena problems in the PL

Perhaps this should go into the bugs forum, so feel free to move it.

I'm in 2015 and managed to get AFC Wimbledon to the Premier League.

I have a 6500 stadium with only 1100 seats. I managed to sell out my season tickets (5000) despite the PL only allowing seating. So I have an attendance of 1100, but still sold 5000 season tickets. Way to rip off the fans, making them pay for season tickets, yet they will only be able to watch the cup matches. :D

I will have a new arena (13 000 seats) built in two years. I am livid that they built such a small arena. Idiots! I will surely strugle to survive in the PL for two years with an average attendance of 1100. It doesn't help that I went crazy with transfers, thus already being in the red.

This brings up two MAJOR bugs:

1.) The season tickets thing above.

2.) Surely AFC Wimbledon would rent a nearby stadium for two years instead of playing in front of 1100 fans?

In real life, Wimbledon wouldn't be allowed to play in the Premier League if they are playing in such a small ground and with only 1100 seats. You should count yourself lucky the game doesn't enforce the stadia criteria rules strictly, though it should.

First of all, I think AFC W should have a goundshare with some local clubs to ensure they are permited to play in EPL.

And then, if finances gettting better, seeking to build their own new stadium.

Also, I insist that the new stadium should be built in Merton, not Kingston.

First of all, I think AFC W should have a goundshare with some local clubs to ensure they are permited to play in EPL.

And then, if finances gettting better, seeking to build their own new stadium.

Also, I insist that the new stadium should be built in Merton, not Kingston.

Wasn't the main reason the original Wimbledon was moved to Milton Keynes was because they couldn't build a ground in Merton, or redevelop Plough Lane?

Not that that justifies the move so far away.

Nobby: Had the game actually enforced those rules I would have been ground sharing so I wouldn't call myself lucky.

I managed to survive and make a hefty profit though. Six months now before the new, albeit amazingly small arena, opens.

Archived