Journeyman game

some questions regarding a long term career save,

1. Automatic rep or sunday footballer ?

2. when you join a club in country you dont have much knowledge of is there a screen to check the rules of competitions ie: non eu players allowed, dates of transfer windows?

3. when you get offered a new contract but you want to move on should you accept or decline, will it make a difference on what jobs come up or how soon you will be offered one?

any help appreciated, thanks

1. Depends on what level you want to start off on

2. On the league table screen there is a 'rules' tab.

3. Depends really. If you are on a long term contract with a high wage your club are less likely to sack you, however it will put other clubs off employing you because of the high compensation. Probably best to turn down the contract in your above example.

some questions regarding a long term career save,

1. Automatic rep or sunday footballer ?

2. when you join a club in country you dont have much knowledge of is there a screen to check the rules of competitions ie: non eu players allowed, dates of transfer windows?

3. when you get offered a new contract but you want to move on should you accept or decline, will it make a difference on what jobs come up or how soon you will be offered one?

any help appreciated, thanks

1.) automatic will set your reputation to the respective club you choose, sunday league is the lowest reputation available so only start with this option if you truly want to carve your success out

2.) just click on the league name in there you'll find information about league rules that are in effect

3.) it can backfire on you making you unemployed for quite a long time, i suggest you move on when you have a good reputation or you are offered a contract from another club

thanks for quick replys

regarding question 3. i have set myself rules that i will only move if offered a job, i dont resign or apply for other jobs, so if i want to get job offers i should turn down renewed contract offers ?

thanks for quick replys

regarding question 3. i have set myself rules that i will only move if offered a job, i dont resign or apply for other jobs, so if i want to get job offers i should turn down renewed contract offers ?

Well if you were to keep turning down new contracts you would eventually have to move when the contract expires.

I would say if you are starting off with a low rep team sign a long term deal as if you become succesfull and a higher rep team wants you, then the compensation should be no problem for a bigger club.

Thats what I would do anyway

IRL the vast majority of managers are ex-pro players. So I do not think it is cheating to start as a Professional Footballer.

its not about cheating, i want the most varied/random career i can.

@ dar2000, thanks but i understand the concept of a contract and the concequences of it running out, im starting out as a non-league side so a bigger club tham me can still be poor ie: low sth american or eastern european clubs. i just want to inrease my chances of getting offers from other clubs.

thanks for quick replys

I've found starting low down you don't get offered many jobs when employed.

If I choose to leave the club I reject new contract offers then resign when my contract expires. Holiday mode & apply for jobs until I get offered another one.

Archived