10.3 World cup squad selection bug :(

Currently managing Ghana and had selected my squad already when prompted to confirm my world cup squad (2014). The game even generates a media comment about me recalling a particular player. But when the game issues the message that my Ghana squad has been confirmed, the selected players revert back to the African Cup of Nations squad. This happens EVEN when I remove all unnecessary players from the National Pool. The game magically inserts them into my World Cup squad and I can't change the squad at all after the announcement. Weird.:thdn:

Currently managing Ghana and had selected my squad already when prompted to confirm my world cup squad (2014). The game even generates a media comment about me recalling a particular player. But when the game issues the message that my Ghana squad has been confirmed, the selected players revert back to the African Cup of Nations squad. This happens EVEN when I remove all unnecessary players from the National Pool. The game magically inserts them into my World Cup squad and I can't change the squad at all after the announcement. Weird.:thdn:

Just tried to continue further. Now the press con before my match refers to players I had selected before the bug happened. So I've got a question asking how the players will react to me recalling Anthony Annan after leaving him out of the previous 2 squads. But Annan isn't in the bugges World Cup squad!

think you should post this in bugs forum looks like an issue there:thup:

as the advice given try holiday on day squad is submitted;)......would be interested in your feedback on that

It's posted in the bugs forum but no response was forthcoming (or discussion...). Was an interesting idea to try to go on holiday but it didn't work on my game. I've resigned myself to try to win the world cup (or at least give a good showing) with a bare bones Ghanian midfield. Thank God the year is 2014 and Essien, Muntari, and Asamoah are in their prime.

The game actually announces my world cup squad twice. once on 7 June and another time on 8 June (that's when the game imposes their squad on me).

Archived