David Gill the Chairman of Man U?

Since when did David Gill become the Chairman of Man U (in 10.3 and some other previous versions)? I thought he is the CEO or something. If he is the Chairman, what does that make Glazer ? Did I miss something here? In several previous versions of FM, sometimes Gill is the Chairman and sometimes Glazer is. SI, make up your mind !!!! I think SI also got confused here. Anyone got a better explanation?

The Glazers own the club and are on the board of directors. David Gill is there representative. He is the one that oversee's the day to day running of the club and if he need's anything he goes to the Glazers. And btw, I have never noticed any one of the glazers being chairman, its always been david gill.

In my current save (now in the year 2024) there were strange things afoot at Old Trafford regarding David Gill:

28.1.2020 Chairman David Gill leaves

28.1.2020 New chairman Sir Bobby Charlton takes over (Promotion from Within)

25.5.2020 Chairman Sir Bobby Charlton leaves

25.5.2020 New chairman David Gill takes over (Consortium)

After checking the list of directors... not a Glazer to be seen!

Looks like Gill had a falling out, only to come back leading a consortium to retake the club 4 months later.

Incidentally, the loan debt stands at $835M (not sure what that is in pounds), with month interest payments of >$6M (due to end somewhere around 2034... ouch!).

Cheers,

Zetetic

In cases of Chelsea and Liverpool, as you can see in v.10.3, Abramovich and Tom Hicks are the chairman (actually they are the owners). But in Man U, Gill is the man (while the Glazers own the club). Somebody is wrong here. SI must've got this wrong.

The Glazers own the club and are on the board of directors. David Gill is there representative. He is the one that oversee's the day to day running of the club and if he need's anything he goes to the Glazers. And btw, I have never noticed any one of the glazers being chairman, its always been david gill.
In my current save (now in the year 2024) there were strange things afoot at Old Trafford regarding David Gill:

28.1.2020 Chairman David Gill leaves

28.1.2020 New chairman Sir Bobby Charlton takes over (Promotion from Within)

25.5.2020 Chairman Sir Bobby Charlton leaves

25.5.2020 New chairman David Gill takes over (Consortium)

After checking the list of directors... not a Glazer to be seen!

Looks like Gill had a falling out, only to come back leading a consortium to retake the club 4 months later.

Incidentally, the loan debt stands at $835M (not sure what that is in pounds), with month interest payments of >$6M (due to end somewhere around 2034... ouch!).

Cheers,

Zetetic

interesting ...

How have SI got this wrong? The Glazersd are an american company, they need someone to help with the day to day running of the club. Not all clubs have a representative, tom hicks and Abramovich feel they know enough about running a club to become the chairman whereas the Glazers don't feel they know enough. End of. What is wrong with that?

Archived