Please help!!!!

1. Put the patch on your desktop.

2. Right click on it, and click 'Properties'.

3. Change the end of the file name to ".exe" (without the quotes).

4. Double click on the patch icon (which should have changed when you changed the file name) and it should install.

do i change the file name so it just says exe

i am really struggling the file on my desktop just has an internet explorer sign in it and when i change the file name nothing changes. when i double click on it it gives me a chance to open or save and im back to square 1

what do i do? i am desperate to sort it and start playing......

do i change the file name so it just says exe

i am really struggling the file on my desktop just has an internet explorer sign in it and when i change the file name nothing changes. when i double click on it it gives me a chance to open or save and im back to square 1

what do i do? i am desperate to sort it and start playing......

Did you choose to run it with internet explorer before you changed the file name?

Either way, you need to reinstall the patch.

When you've done that, follow the steps I posted above. You only need to change the end of the file name.

• Administrators

Leave it called whatever it currently is, just add .exe to the end of it's name via the 'rename' option found when you right click on it. Then you can double click and run the patch.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

when i do that nothing changes - just still appears as internet explorer sign whe i click on it it comes up open or save option and when i click open nothing happens - when i click save it justs says already exists do i want to overwrite it.

Any suggestions? or can my computer just not use it?

when i do that nothing changes - just still appears as internet explorer sign whe i click on it it comes up open or save option and when i click open nothing happens - when i click save it justs says already exists do i want to overwrite it.

Any suggestions? or can my computer just not use it?

Hello mainy2006uk,

With all this confusion of people who are trying to help you not knowing what you have done or where you are at, I suggest starting from the beginning as follows:

Delete the file you are trying to use

Download the patch from the FM website as per the attached link:

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=patches

If you bought FM boxed, look for the topmost patch where it says "Download Patch 10.3.0 (PC) and left click on it.

When you get the file download box appear, left click the middle button where it says "Save"

A message box appears asking where you want to save it to.

The general consencus is the desktop is the best place, so:

Where it says Save In at the top of the box, look for the desktop (normally not far from the top in the drop-down menu) and click Save.

Don't try to change the file extension at this stage, just let the download begin.

The download may take about 10 mins or so on.

When the download finishes you have the patch on your desktop.

Now this is the important bit:

Right click on the patch and select Properties at the bottom of the tab.

In the Properties box at the top, the patch will be shown as such: FM2010_v10.3.0_PC_Patch[1]

Add .exe to the end of this, so it now looks like this: FM2010_v10.3.0_PC_Patch [1].exe

Click OK at the bottom and the patch is now ready to use.

Left click and then Run and the installer will start.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you, but although I do this sort of thing quite regularly, I like to test every stage through the eyes of a newbie so that it makes sense.

One important thing to remember for anybody running multi-disk or multi-partition machines as I am, is to save the patch on the same drive / partition as FM is.

Otherwise the installer can't find it.

Hope this helps you my friend and now enjoy the best, most addictive game you will ever play.

Archived