Linking my Laptop to a TV?

Depends on your ports on your computer. If you've got an HD television as well as an HD port on your laptop you can hook them up. Linked up my 32" the other day, pretty pointless though :p

why is it pointless? explain more please......

can ya not connect them wireless?

i'm considering buying a new telly, 42" if i can...what should i be looking for in it? ports wise...

An HDMI port of course.

You need to look at your LAPTOP ports, if it doesnt have an HD graphics card (it wont unless you paid quite a bit for it) then just the bog standard ports will do, the TV needs a PC-in port, the same that plugs into a monitor.

As for stretched images, that's what graphic properties is for, you really can't beat Lord of the Rings Online and Bad Company 2 (PC Version) on a big HD screen.

i'm considering buying a new telly, 42" if i can...what should i be looking for in it? ports wise...

Just HD will be fine if you have that available with your laptop.

Well the image will be stretched and will not look good.:cool:

Dosen't look that bad to be fair.

Still rather play it on a 17` laptop screen though mate.:thup:

What screen did you see it on?

Completely agree with you, I can't be bothered to play it on a TV where there's no real difference on a game like FM when I'd rather watch actual TV on it. Same, 17" :)

On the laptop, I find FM 2010 pretty unplayable (can't see all attributes at once on a player's profile, TV view for matches does not allow more than 2 boxes), but on a 23 inch screen with 1920x1080 resolution, it is really good. You can open 6-7 windows in the TV view so you have everything under control at once. I would highly recommend it.

Depending on your laptop/PC, you could use VGA or HDMI cables to connect to the screen.

any laptop can be linked to any hd tv probably. If you're buying from a proper retailer, you buy a modern tv, and with a modern tv, you get loads of ports (i have a 450 euro 42" plasma, and got 2x vga, 3x hdmi, component, and a few scarts, and an s video). However, playing fm on lcd/plasma isn't wise, because the picture may well burn into the screen, because it's the same picture the whole time. I would like to see fm go dual monitoring, since direct X 10 supports it for games. That way, you could see the matches on your tv, and the rest on the monitor.

An HDMI port of course.

You need to look at your LAPTOP ports, if it doesnt have an HD graphics card (it wont unless you paid quite a bit for it) then just the bog standard ports will do, the TV needs a PC-in port, the same that plugs into a monitor.

As for stretched images, that's what graphic properties is for, you really can't beat Lord of the Rings Online and Bad Company 2 (PC Version) on a big HD screen.

Hmmm, it still looks better on a 26 inch monitor.

Run my desktop through a 46 inch and is superb for gaming and internet browsing, as long as the tv has a rb port at the back of the tv you will have no problems.

Playing fm10 and battlefield company of heroes 2 is awsome so would recommend it :)

Just find your output method from your laptop and find a cable on ebay that will connect it to HDMI. I use DVI to HDMI and use my 42 inch tv in my room to play FM :)))))

photo.jpg

looks great......

is ur laptop HD?

is it wireless? mouse?

this is with my desktop connected from DVI to HDMI on my tv. but I nick my dads laptop for the blu-ray films, and thats just hdmi to hdmi and looks just as good. The screen doesnt get stretched, i play it in 'windowed' mode and that seems to set the resolution up perfectly so that everything is still pukka. No matter what your output from your laptop, you can pretty much find any converter on ebay so there will be a way to connect pretty much any laptop. Obviously there are some MAJOR differences in quality, I first set up my pc using SVideo and that was absolute disgrace to modern gaming :)

HAve you listed the ports you have on your laptop yet?

ps. with my dads laptop i just connect my usb mouse to it as its easier that way

I would say atleast 3 HDMI and 2 DVI-D Direct SS connectors. I would go Latop to AVI Amp via HDMI and to the TV. With DVI-D, you could also output to the TV. My AV has Direct in 7.1 SS. With a monstor TV like that, consider getting a high range SS set.

Should do. The built hardware decoders should enable a hook up by default. As long as it is Full HD for optimum settings. HD ready would a slightly lower Bandwidth, I believe anywho. Still got a CRT

Device Manager.

- Bus Type: PCI Express 2.0 (Backwards compatible with PCI Express)

- Memory: 1.8GB (1792MB) GDDR3

- Core Clock: 576MHz

- Shader Clock: 1242MHz

- Memory Data Rate: 1998MHz

- Processor Cores: 480

- Shader Model: 4.0

- Texture Fill Rate: 92.2 Billion/sec.

- Memory Interface: 896-bit

- Memory Bandwidth: 223.8GB/sec.

- API Support: Microsoft DirectX 10 and lower, OpenGL 2.1 and lower for Microsoft Windows

- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, HDMI Out

- RAMDACs: Dual 400MHz

- HDCP Capable

- HDMI Capable

- Card Dimensions: 266.7mm x 95.25mm x 38.1mm

- 2 Year Warranty Direct with EVGA on 0049 8918904911

- 24/7 Email Support at support-eu@evga.com

- All RMA's & Upgrades are dealt with between EVGA Direct and the Consumer on 0049 8918904911

- Geforce with CUDA

- PhysX enabled

As an example GPU

Archived