Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Hey, As the new patch is here i thought I'd make a new tactic to go with the new patch.

I've had alot of fantastic feedback from the other threads and tactics I've posted not just on this site but on others aswell which is great considering I've never made tactics before FM10.

The wizard version is the BETA i released earlier and the Classic tactic is the one i have had the most success with.

The Player Requirements like in any tactic are very important I remember loaning a player called Mike Hanke and someone posted "Mike Hanke @ everton ? He is one of the worst 1st division players in Germany". Mike hanke for me has scored 33 goals in 51 games.

The point I'm making is you a team of great players but if they don't have the right attributes for the tactic then they won't play as good.

Player Filters This is Much Easier there all set at 13 which is the basic Minimum for Prem and Championship teams knock it down slightly for Lower Leagues.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/450947

Pitch Size: Minimum.

Training: Tuggs Training.

Team Talks: Can be found here I think these are the most effective http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=182360

Opposition Instructions: I have been using any at all, I will be testing using them and not using them to see what happens.

I won the quadruple in my first season at everton my only signings where. Mike Hanke Baris Ozbek on loan signings and in January Ben Sahar also on loan

I tested with Huddersfield on holiday mode throughout the season i bought in 2 players Nathan Tyson and Danny butterfield

Here is the link to the Classic Tactic. The one i used with everton and Huddersfield

http://www.filefront.com/15775207/10.3%20Classic%20%28Everton%2C%20May%202010%29.tac

This is the Link to the Beta i Released last week alot of people have had success with this and I'll be posting there screen shots up later on.

I will be working more on this beta because i think it's leaky in defence.

http://www.filefront.com/15775317/10.3%20Beta%20Wizard%20%28Everton%2C%20May%202010%29.tac

21/3/10 Update.

My version 2 of the Beta Wizard I drill as before no shouts and i don't use OI's but if you wanna use them then you can. Try and sign players that have the attributes i have posted.

http://www.filefront.com/15882883/Mr-Hough-10.3-V2-Wizard-Best-Version-Middlesbrough-Jan-2010.tac/

26/3/10 Update.

Just Updating with the GCS version of my original Beta, Some Extremely good feedback on this tactic and is better in defence and more balanced that my Original Beta.

Thanks GCS for a fantastic Contribution to the thread.

http://www.filefront.com/15803247/10.3-Mr.H-_Zico10_gcs-beta-wizard--Everton-May-2010.tac/

If you give feedback can you tell me which version you are using thanks.

8/5/10 Update.

Sorry to keep you all waiting but I'm a perfectionist and i wanted it to be the best i could possibly make it.

This release is almost perfect but I've been having problems with the fullbacks that i can seem to get right just yet.

Here is the tactic you have been waiting for my final 4-1-2-3 tactic for FM10 (unless i make the fullbacks better I'll update it)

I've updated the OP with players attributes to look for and pitch size etc...

http://www.filefront.com/16394319/Mr-Houghs-4-1-2-3-for-10.3-Final.-Everton-Oct-2009.tac/

The OI's Are ML MR AMR AML AMC.

Tight Marking and Closing Down on these players.

If you play a team that has no wide men but wing backs use the OI's on these aswell.

I've added this to the OP so everyone can see it.

17th/5/10

Right sorry for the Long delay but believe me it's worth it.

I have tested this tactic that I'm Releasing now with 3 teams Blyth Spartans, Hull City and Arsenal.

I've already posted some screens of Blyth and Hull city but I'm gonna again just to refresh your memory.

Here is my Blyth save only 10 games in But still Very Impressive i think.

Blyth10gamesin.jpg

Next it's Arsenal and again unbeaten in my first 10 games, I know arsenal have a really good Squad but after testing with 2 lower standard teams i wanted to test with a big one, I made no Signings for this test either.

Arsenal10gamesin.jpg

Now my greatest Achievement so far, with Hull City a team that is Predicated to come 20th in the League, Well that was before i took over of course lol, I made 1 signing a DM on loan.

Hull10gamesin.jpg

Now i know I'm only 10 games in on these tester Saves but the Potential is there for you all to see.

Once again i hadn't been using OI's but during the Arsenal Test i started Clicking 'Ask Assistant' and i think it made a Slight Difference to the Teams Performance it's up to you if use it or not i will probably from now on.

The players Attributes are the Same in the OP no change to the at all

Here is the Link you have all been waiting for, Again as always feedback weather criticism or praise is always welcome

http://www.filefront.com/16470297/Mr-Hough-4-1-2-3-Unbeaten-Final-Version.-Arsenal-Oct-2009.tac/

Yet another Tactic update.

OK after just getting up after work all night and checking out JP's latest results I've decided that it's time to release.

In JP's test he won the league easily with middlesbrough and only lost 1 game in the league. The most surprising aspect though is how the tactic has dealt with better quality teams and in the F.A cup JP had this run.

Wigan A won 2-0

Everton A won 1-0

Liverpool H won 5-0

Chelsea N drew 3-3 (won on pens)

Tottenham Final Won 3-1

Extremely impressive i think.

On my test i had tested with Huddersfield which after getting a few players on loan and free transfers the game became really easy so i started a new game as everton who are my fav team in testing because the have above average players but not world class players.

The results have been sensational and no doubt you will have seen the screenshots already

I'm unbeaten in the league after 11 games I've won 10 and drawn 1

The bigger teams I've beat already are

Man Utd 2-1 H

Tottenham 3-1 H

Chelsea 2-1 A

Liverpool 4-1.

Everything is the same as on the Previous tactics the only difference is the use of OI's and we haven't been using them. The player Attributes are the same the pitch is the same, Everything is the same as in the OP apart from the OI's OK.

Here is the tactic Enjoy.

http://www.filefront.com/16523081/Mr-Hough-and-JP-Woody-Final-Version-10.3-Everton-Nov-2009.tac/

I hope that you enjoy this tactic and any feedback is as always very welcome.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Update 2/8/2010

Here is the Excellent DirtyACE tweaked version of my incredibly successful Unbeaten Version.

There is a big descpription on how to use the tweaks and how they work and what they do DO NOT IGNORE THIS it is important and you should try and understand what the tweaks mean and how they work this will give you a massive insight into how the ME works and also how tactics work in general.

AVD MOD – Mr. Hough’s Unbeaten Final Version

Before I get to the actual tweaks, I want to state that these are not some magical tweaks that will suddenly turn your squad into world beaters. They are simply slight adjustments based on personal observations from my own career game, experience, and common sense. Keep in mind, to get the absolute most out of your players, takes more than just tactics, but I’m not going to go into any more detail about that. There are already plenty of threads around these forums covering other aspects (such as team talks) of football management.

Now, with that out of the way, here are the tweaks:

Passing tweaks:

- FB right only: increased by 2 notches

- DMC: set to middle of slider

- MCs: set to middle of slider

- STs: increased by 4 notches

***Explanation*** The passing tweaks are to promote more team-play. To get more players involved in overall build up of attacks, to take advantage of opportunities of through passes, and to encourage players to perform more intelligent actions. For example, making a quick through pass to a teammate in a better position, rather than taking a pointless long shot, or trying to attempt a difficult dribble.

A lesser secondary benefit of this tweak is to help with passing on muddy pitches.

Creative Freedom tweaks:

- FBs: increased by 1 notch

- CBs: increased by 1 notch

- MCs: increased by 1 notch

***Explanation*** The creative freedom tweaks are to compliment the passing tweaks, to promote more team-play. They are also to give slightly more freedom to players, to take advantage of their mental stats. This particular tweak will obviously suit better players a bit more than average players, due to the fact that better players have better mental stats on the average. This tweak also helps the back line to move the ball around. At times they can seem indecisive with the ball, which can lead to bad passes or holding onto the ball too long, only to get it taken away by an opponent.

Tackling tweaks:

- MCs: set to mixed

***Explanation*** I simply noticed that my MCs were getting booked too often, even though they are top class players with good tackling and anticipation stats. Due to them being good players, I decided to let them choose what type of tackle to perform, hence the tweak.

Through Balls tweaks:

- FB left only: set to rarely

***Explanation*** This is an optional tweak. I made it simply because my left FB is not a good or even decent passer, so I’ve decided to limit him in this area. Just as in any other tactic, I try to limit my team’s weaknesses as much as possible, hence this tweak. However, if your left FB is a good passer, then ignore this tweak.

Defensive Corners tweaks:

- FB right: mark small player

- FB left: mark far post

- CBs: mark tall players

- DMC: man mark

- MC right: mark near post

- MC left: mark small player

- ST right: close down corner

- ST center: forward

- ST left: forward

***Explanation*** The reworking of the defensive corner routine has more to do with the FM engine than anything else. The previous routine had too many players set on simply “stay back” instructions, which is actually flawed in how it works. The players end up doing almost next to nothing in terms of actual defense. It’s much better to give players more specific instructions, such as “man mark” or “mark tall/small player”.

The way I set up the corner routine also reflects my players’ abilities. I would recommend keeping the same type of instructions, but simply switching them between players, depending on their abilities. For example, if a player is good at marking, concentration, anticipation, positioning, then he should be assigned one of the man marking roles. Usually the center backs are assigned to mark tall players because they’re good at jumping and are usually strong. The strikers can remain they way they are already, no change is necessary there.

Attacking Corners tweaks:

- CBs: swap instructions

***Explanation*** I swapped the instructions because I usually tend to play a more aggressive and braver CB in the right CB position, and he usually does better on attacking corners due to this,

hence he is set to attack far post.

After that explanation on what to use and how i move onto the tactic itself.

I hope you enjoy this and i just wanna say just because it works for me dosen't automaticly it will work for (I just hope it will).

http://www.filefront.com/17166223/AVD-MOD---Mr-Hough-4-1-2-3-Unbeaten-Final-Version.-Crdoba-Oct-2018.tac/

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Hough first of all thanks,do u have any idea what was Butter's second tactic?He claimed that he found a way to brake the Mach Engine and not conced at all,don't u think we shoud find out some information about it?I've made some expiriments without any luck..

Mr Hough - have been using your Beta version over the weekend and it's going great with my Rangers game. In fact some of the football your tactic produces is incredible and given the fact I haven't signed anyone (due to lack of funds) and I probably don't have the exact players required for it but have to make do with what I have.

Just wondered if it's recommended I switch to your 'classic' style of tactic? How does it play in comparison to your 'wizard' style and is it more solid at the back? I found it hard to keep clean sheets using the Beta one but more often than not I outscored my opponents so it didn't really matter.

Anyway thanks for your hard work and the great tactic - makes FM great again!

I have been using the beta version on my spurs team. i was around 5th or 6th in nov/dec in my first season when i applied the beta version. Ended up winning the league fairly easily.

But i think your right, it does seem abit leaky. i would race into a 2,3,4-0 HT lead and let in a few goals in 2nd half. but that is probably due to complacency which you can eradicate. when i say dont let performance drop at HT it helps. so if you install this into your players over time it should be perfect :)

im going to carry on using the beta as i dont like classic view tactics. but if one day you do tighten it up at the back then i will gladly try.

KUTGW!

Mr Hough first of all thanks,do u have any idea what was Butter's second tactic?He claimed that he found a way to brake the Mach Engine and not conced at all,don't u think we shoud find out some information about it?I've made some expiriments without any luck..

I have no idea about butters tactics sorry

Have u tried the 4-1-2-1-2 ? instead of 3 strikers?

I have some good AM's in my team I'm gonna drop one of the strikers and put him into AM and use an AM there..I wanna see how it goes :)

Advanced Forward. Dribbling Finishing First Touch Composure Off The Ball

Deep Lying Forward. Creativity Decisions First Touch Off The Ball Technique Passing.

Mr Hough, first of all, thanks for releasing your tactics. I've been having great fun in the game thanks to your tactics!

Then, my question. This tactic uses 3 Forwards. Which one are the advanced forwards and which one the deep lying forwards?

Mr Hough, first of all, thanks for releasing your tactics. I've been having great fun in the game thanks to your tactics!

Then, my question. This tactic uses 3 Forwards. Which one are the advanced forwards and which one the deep lying forwards?

The central is deep lying and the 2 on the outside are advanced forwards.

I changed it slightly to be a 41212

th_66922_tac_122_4lo.jpg

and these are the first two results, pretty damn good :D

th_67017_2res_122_388lo.jpg

I have to say I was owning with your original 10.2, but I had to try your new tactic and for now it works great, gonna keep on with it :)

I changed it slightly to be a 41212

th_66922_tac_122_4lo.jpg

and these are the first two results, pretty damn good :D

th_67017_2res_122_388lo.jpg

I have to say I was owning with your original 10.2, but I had to try your new tactic and for now it works great, gonna keep on with it :)

You can defeo just use this tactic as a 4-1-2-1-2 because with the 1-1 bug sorted the emphasis on having as many strikers/shots on goals is not needed that much

just to go back to the mike hanke thing. what sort of numbers should we be looking at for the key stats 15+ 10+ ??

as ive just had a look at mike hanke on my game and his stats for the stats you suggested are

dribbling 10 finishing 16 first touch 11 composure 14 off the ball 12. they don't seem to be that high if you get me but he seems to perform pretty well for you.

just to go back to the mike hanke thing. what sort of numbers should we be looking at for the key stats 15+ 10+ ??

as ive just had a look at mike hanke on my game and his stats for the stats you suggested are

dribbling 10 finishing 16 first touch 11 composure 14 off the ball 12. they don't seem to be that high if you get me but he seems to perform pretty well for you.

This tactic have the bug corner?

okay, I think I'll not play anymore.

I'm starting with L'pool, on a current save (testing different tactics).

First game is away vs Porto. I saved here for a good reason : good defensive team, away game, using wingers with a strong FC (Hulk), so basically everything I usually struggle against.

result ? Porto 0 - 5 Liverpool (Torres x4, Aquilani x1) III Porto 5 shots - 27 shots (!) L'pool III Porto 0 On target - 18 (!!!) On target L'pool

Basically, I over dominated the game, like rarely against this team, and never with a "1st time playing with a tactic".

Next game against Burnley at home. Again, an interesting game, as I am supposed to over dominate the game, and you seem to perform not that well against those poor teams. The only thing I changed was : Boost tempo, playing faster that they can handle.

result ? 8 - 0 III 31 (15 on target) - 4(2) on target

I keep testing for a while for a full report at the end of the season (I bought Cardozo before the embargo, and can't buy anymore)

okay, I think I'll not play anymore.

I'm starting with L'pool, on a current save (testing different tactics).

First game is away vs Porto. I saved here for a good reason : good defensive team, away game, using wingers with a strong FC (Hulk), so basically everything I usually struggle against.

result ? Porto 0 - 5 Liverpool (Torres x4, Aquilani x1) III Porto 5 shots - 27 shots (!) L'pool III Porto 0 On target - 18 (!!!) On target L'pool

Basically, I over dominated the game, like rarely against this team, and never with a "1st time playing with a tactic".

Next game against Burnley at home. Again, an interesting game, as I am supposed to over dominate the game, and you seem to perform not that well against those poor teams. The only thing I changed was : Boost tempo, playing faster that they can handle.

result ? 8 - 0 III 31 (15 on target) - 4(2) on target

I keep testing for a while for a full report at the end of the season (I bought Cardozo before the embargo, and can't buy anymore)

I've never had anyone complain that they over dominate teams, I'll take it as a compliment

Just wanna add.

Good work . i feel this tactic is not far off from being a new dilbo tactic ..

one thing u might wanna look at is the GK kicking the ball long . your front men get a lot off one on ones this way .. but im not sure if that will stop your build up play

Just wanna add.

Good work . i feel this tactic is not far off from being a new dilbo tactic ..

one thing u might wanna look at is the GK kicking the ball long . your front men get a lot off one on ones this way .. but im not sure if that will stop your build up play

I'll have a look at this thanks

I've never had anyone complain that they over dominate teams, I'll take it as a compliment

It is ;)

smashed Hull away 7-2 and Werder away 3-1 with one sent off (Mascherano)

BTW, what do you do in such situations ? as I was already winning 3-1, I removed the right FC to put him as the DMC.

if i am playing with tottenham no buys and no sells......how should i arrange my formation?

I have played with tottenham before and obviously in a 4-3-3 you have no room for Lennon or bentley so I would sell them off for a decent sum and buy some better strikers. Modric can play cm as can kranjcar so I'd use them there but only 1 at a time with maybe huddlestone dm and palacios the 2nd cm.