I'm at Oldham athletic now, in my 3rd season in league 1

money spent - 0

money in from sales - 2.2m

wages when arrived - 31k a week

wages now - 11k

average age of squad now - 22

first season finish - 7th and semi final of league cup

Second season - 13th

after my last year of rebuilding ive got 2 talented youths come through and 4 top loanees

current 3rd season - 1st place 10 wins from 11 and on the up

Hopefully them first 2 seasons of debt sorting will pay off, my cash was so bad i had to play 16 friendlys in pre season for extra lol

Im also sunday league manager rep

Star players - robert earnshaw and robbie savage, my two oldies

nice...but i am thinking of playing with a top 6 club...and they all have some outstanding debt...i've read in some threads that arsenal get milked ...and chelsea go in admistration after like 5 years even though in 10.3 they have no debt...and manu the same...liverpool not worth talking about

I'm at Oldham athletic now, in my 3rd season in league 1

money spent - 0

money in from sales - 2.2m

wages when arrived - 31k a week

wages now - 11k

average age of squad now - 22

first season finish - 7th and semi final of league cup

Second season - 13th

after my last year of rebuilding ive got 2 talented youths come through and 4 top loanees

current 3rd season - 1st place 10 wins from 11 and on the up

Hopefully them first 2 seasons of debt sorting will pay off, my cash was so bad i had to play 16 friendlys in pre season for extra lol

Im also sunday league manager rep

Star players - robert earnshaw and robbie savage, my two oldies

Sounds great. KUTGW :)

cheers, its so much more fun in the lower leagues with 10k transfer budgets :)

Im a man united fan, played with them a bit and i find with them you get 60m first season, but if u spend it without recouping its downhill from there, when i did united i reduced there wage bill straight away by 700k a week, berbatov on 90k etc, brought in 80m from sales too then bought all the top youths around that you know -

Neymar

balotelli

sakho etc

Even with all that the debt was still showing :( i always get bored anyways with top prem sides, you can always edit a team and add loads of debt if u want a challenge :p

nice...but i am thinking of playing with a top 6 club...and they all have some outstanding debt...i've read in some threads that arsenal get milked ...and chelsea go in admistration after like 5 years even though in 10.3 they have no debt...and manu the same...liverpool not worth talking about

Man united have no debt in 10.3? u joking they have 600m +

In my United save I spent a LOT on transfers, brought in about £80m from sales, spent nearly £200m (£100m upfront, £100m over 48 months or something similar), and ended the season £40m in the red - however, my excellent new signings won me the treble (beating teams 5-1 and 6-0 along the way in the ECC), so now in my second season I am spending £20/£30m on newgens and I don't believe I need to win EVERYTHING in order to keep the club afloat.

I know I was playing with the club's future but it worked :p

In my United save I spent a LOT on transfers, brought in about £80m from sales, spent nearly £200m (£100m upfront, £100m over 48 months or something similar), and ended the season £40m in the red - however, my excellent new signings won me the treble (beating teams 5-1 and 6-0 along the way in the ECC), so now in my second season I am spending £20/£30m on newgens and I don't believe I need to win EVERYTHING in order to keep the club afloat.

I know I was playing with the club's future but it worked :p

only 2nd season, you have two loans, one for 140m and one for 400+, i didnt really get bad at united till season 4

Essentially it can be done easily. I'm managing Newcastle who have near on £100 million worth of chairman loan. It's paid back at just under £500,000 a month which can mean a considerable hit out of any profit.

I took a gamble, got them promoted in the first season whilst letting some of the high earners go saving nealy £200,000 a week. When I got promoted I splashed out on enough quality to keep me up, which I did quite comfortably and even scraped into Europe. By this time I had more or less trimmed the wagebill to £500,000 a week.

Then I splashed out on a few exceptional players staging payments over x months but paying the majority of it up front. These players got me into the champions league and all the riches that brings.

Then I strenghtened further using cash only. The result is I now have a team of sufficient quality to challenge on all fronts with a lower wage-bill than I was using in the championship. This leaves me breaking even through the season (including loan payments) and making a profit at the end of it through prize money.

I very rarely spend big now. I have the ability to if I really need to butmost of my budget is used on developing youth. I picked up a regen for £140,000 who is now worth £20 million. If someone wanted him I'd expect double that.

It can be done.

I got half way there, I took over Hull after they got relegated from the championship after administration.

I got the wage bill down from 290k a week to 30k a week, the budget was only 19k so they were still unhappy lol

In the process I made over 6 million getting the club to a positive bank balance

All this done in about 2 months

The problem was the new free cheap players I got were crap and I got sacked in December when I was 23rd in the league, they didnt see the long path to success that I did lol

dude ur long way to success is unfortunately a long way down ......................................................

finally its year 2035 and Hull have managed to gain promotion to the Premier League via the playoffss..

Archived